NBC launching new Telemundo San Diego O&O

A3N

Oh for crying out loud!

My head already spins on it's own.

But it gives me a chance to ask...

When did someone decide that there was a sudden need for all this domestic Mexican TV in San Diego? Don't they get canal 5 in TJ already?

Second point...

The very important observation my lil chick-adees...

Where is the promotion for this new XETV offering? I would think there would be promos, internet and print coming out our asses. 20 days till "launch" and no promo campaign ?

Am I missing something?

I was in TJ yesterday and nobody said nothing to old Eattty about this new venture. No billboards along Via Rapida or Paseo De Los Heros. Not even a web address on a strippers butt during the donkey show.

The new venture we would assume would be a big friggin deal....right?

XETV CW6 is on rear of most the buses in North San Diego county. Why no bus ads?

The thing about the Univision 6 proposal is a good solid marketing plan that is being dictated by Televisa. Nobody else. On Mexican terms...not USA style.

If Televisa is NOT considering the Univison 6 Plan based on the Univision IPO...then they are complete idiots.

Yes...the Univision IPO has to line up with the Televisa and /FCC proposals.

I'm also a big fan of Telemundo 4 speculation based on the recent COX / 4SD branding or debranding.

Also based on the fact that that channel can also be bought with the right amount of NBC cash.

...and if KFMB ends up securing 6 for the CW then I would have also expected promos....or was that channel already decided while my heaD WAS SPINNING????

It's ain't costing NOTHING to camp canal 5 on XETV (and digi subs) and keep in mind the ONLY thing holding that 6 slot from the predators, is cold hard(American ra ra) cash.

Last...

Where are the sales weasels with the new rate card?

Remember all you new people ...

XETV is not "Must Carry"...so the only thing holding that channel on COX,Spewtum, Dish and Direct is money...and not the FCC regs.

So Señor Eat News was in Mexico yesterday, eh... How were the tacos de carne asada and the cheap prescription meds??? LOL

Wait for all this sh*t to literally start coming together at the last minute. It seems like KFMB/XETV/KNSD/COX are in a staredown. Nobody is batting an eye and are waiting for the other's dominos to fall before they start making their moves. And you know what would truly be funny? if everything we speculated/suggested did not come true, and they throw us a curveball.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Señor Eat News was in Mexico yesterday, eh... How were the tacos de carne asada and the cheap prescription meds??? LOL

Wait for all this sh*t to literally start coming together at the last minute. It seems like KFMB/XETV/KNSD/COX are in a staredown. Nobody is batting an eye and are waiting for the other's dominos to fall before they start making their moves. And you know what would truly be funny? if everything we speculated/suggested did not come true, and they throw us a curveball.

My God have we not considered the most logical and profitable options?

You may just be right. They will just F it up...all our hard speculation for nothing...we will be kicked to the curb like an NBC Boston hooker.

The tacos at "Tacos New York" near the airport were the best as always for 110 peso each...the meds were $8.95 for something I could have got at Wallmart for $4. The wait at Otay was 40 mins and the line stretched back to the TJ Childrens Hospital.

The workers in the tunnel are threatening to strike due to poor working conditions.

El Chapo has lost control.

Canal 5 was added around 2009. For whatever reason, C5 has often been missing from border markets. In fact, it was missing from the RGV area until *last year* when it was picked up as a sub. Instead, Televisa has two stations running Las Estrellas, each with different ads. Now that's a waste of space.

C5 was added to Tijuana in 2009 when Televisa split XETV's digital and analog signals, and it was eventually added as an HD 6.2.

Don't forget, Televisa is used to operating station clusters far beyond what is the norm in the US. They have no less than five stations in Monterrey, though three carry national networks with no local programming or input.

Canal 5 was added around 2009. For whatever reason, C5 has often been missing from border markets. In fact, it was missing from the RGV area until *last year* when it was picked up as a sub. Instead, Televisa has two stations running Las Estrellas, each with different ads. Now that's a waste of space.

C5 was added to Tijuana in 2009 when Televisa split XETV's digital and analog signals, and it was eventually added as an HD 6.2.

Don't forget, Televisa is used to operating station clusters far beyond what is the norm in the US. They have no less than five stations in Monterrey, though three carry national networks with no local programming or input.

I swear Raymie...

If you mess up my wet dream with some obscure Mexican regulation, I will swim out Interstate 8 and.....

and...

and...

Canal 5 was added to Tijuana for the first time on XHBJ 45 since August 09 2004 (switched affiliation from XEQ galavisión canal 9) in order to broadcast locally the summer olimpic games.

Since then XHBJ was affiliated to Canal 5 until March 05 2012 when Televisa moved it to XETV on analog ch. 6 and digitally on 6.2 in standard definition. XHBJ switched back it´s afilliation to XEQ galavisión (now gala tv). One month before, XEQ was available digitally on XHUAA 57-2 also in standard definition (since XHBJ didn´t have digital broadcast until it´s analog shutdown).

XETV-TDT maintain 6-2 in standard definition until late 2013 when they upgraded to 720p HD.

So much for 4.

Cable 20 is where XHAS/Telemundo is now on Time Warner or whatever it's called right?

And on Cox, too. I bet there is some sort of arrangement to put the Azteca channel on 15 which is where that network has been on both systems. (I can't see Scripps retaining the 15 slot. We'll know more this week.)

20 is open on U-verse, by the way.

I wonder if there's a way that NBC might figure out how to "get" 20.1 for the subchannel...It won't be used by a Mexican unless the SPR ever figures out how to get a foot in the door in a border market.

Anybody up for a bad rip-off of a once-popular song?

Anybody?

[MEDIA=vimeo]207973782[/MEDIA]

So they just basically bitched slapped XHAS off the channel 20 slot. Unless there's a corresponding move for XHAS to move to another channel...

So much for 4.

Cable 20 is where XHAS/Telemundo is now on Time Warner or whatever it's called right?

The funny part is that XHAS brands as Telemundo 33, but it's available on cable channel 20. This new Telemundo venture brands as Telemundo 20, but OTA will be available on 39.(2?)(3?).

This is going to be a bit convoluted. They can't exactly advertise/promote this new venture on the actual cable channel 20 until they've secured the spot, so these promos will air on NBC 7. At which point, those who are aware that Telemundo is on cable 20, and don't really know the details of the affiliation switch will be wondering why the hell they're advertising for a new Telemundo 20 when there's one there already. They're going to really have to promote this new venture very hard in order to distinguish themselves from the XHAS product.

"Telemundo 20 San Diego" ?

Sounds like Cable to me and if that is home to XHAS, would XHAS move to 15 on Cable? I mean since XHAS is getting Azteca, might as well have XHAS on 15 to keep Azteca on that channel, the same way you keep Telemundo on 20 from XHAS to KNSD 39.3

They could just say "The same great Telemundo shows and news are now powered by NBC7" or "Telemundo 20 and NBC 7 the beginning of a great partnership". I know they're corny but worth a way to advertise the change in ownership without confusing the audience more.

And does anyone think that the Livin La Vida Local promo would have worked great during the Locals Only years?

Anybody up for a bad rip-off of a once-popular song?

Anybody?

[MEDIA=vimeo]207973782[/MEDIA]

Just eff me and kill me.

Please tell me this is one of your mock-ups, or some kind of joke that you all are playing on me.

What's next ...

The Macarena?

Just eff me and kill me.

Please tell me this is one of your mock-ups, or some kind of joke that you all are playing on me.

What's next ...

The Macarena?

EHHHHH TELEMUNDO

AYYY

The Azteca América sub showed up yesterday on 49-2.

My question: did they get the necessary IFT approval? I believe they tackled some similar authorizations on 3/8 but that hasn't been put up on their site yet.

The Azteca América sub showed up yesterday on 49-2.

My question: did they get the necessary IFT approval? I believe they tackled some similar authorizations on 3/8 but that hasn't been put up on their site yet.

It's still on channel 15 on COX. The only change is that the guide says AZXDTV, before it said KZSD, I believe.

It's still on channel 15 on COX. The only change is that the guide says AZXDTV, before it said KZSD, I believe.

So they're definitely sticking with the "networks don't move on cable" strategy. That explains a lot.

So they're definitely sticking with the "networks don't move on cable" strategy. That explains a lot.

I think it was more on the fact that they didn't want to burden and confuse the viewers. Although come July, some viewers will be scratching their heads wondering why the current T33 news team now pops up on channel 15, and why there's a completely new cast on 20.

I think it was more on the fact that they didn't want to burden and confuse the viewers. Although come July, some viewers will be scratching their heads wondering why the current T33 news team now pops up on channel 15, and why there's a completely new cast on 20.

I have the switch on the COX LowDef feed on 15...but nothing on the HD channels 1015 (still empty).

Oh well okay. Still curious because KZSD-LP used to be "NewsChannel 15" and then Azteca. And now signed-off or silent or what?

Incorrect. NewsChannel 15 was a channel [mostly] devoted to reruns of KGTV's newscasts. It existed only on cable, never OTA. When Azteca America affiliated with KGTV, thats when KZSD came into KGTV and replaced NC15 on cable. Which in reality, NC15 moved to 810 on the dial and was renamed as the 10News Channel.

Archived