NBC launching new Telemundo San Diego O&O

A3N

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Their official announcement includes some additional tidbits:

-They will use subchannel 39.20, not 39.2. (Smart! Reminds me of when Beartooth NBC/KTVH used the 50.19 sub in Great Falls.)

-News launches Monday 7/3, with a special station opening program on 7/1.

They have a little screen bug on 39-20 counting the dias...

They also are on 39-21 with that other stuff (exitos)you all told us about earlier.

Another perspective:

[MEDIA=instagram]BT67BCzBleF[/MEDIA]

I wonder if it's too late for NBC 7 and Telemundo 20 to switch studios...

I wonder if it's too late for NBC 7 and Telemundo 20 to switch studios...

The only time they will switch is when the time comes when a new set is needed

The only time they will switch is when the time comes when a new set is needed

So based on recent history, that means that we'll have to wait another 16 years and a move back to downtown before they get a new set?! :D LOL

KSDX is up on COX 14 /1014 in North Coastal SD County.

I lost my score card on the Grande Switcho

It's Estrella TV. The HD channel is nothing but a stretched version of it's SD feed.

It's Estrella TV. The HD channel is nothing but a stretched version of it's SD feed.

Estrella was finally added to Cox in Phoenix and SD, where Liberman owns its own stations. It took them years to get on Cox despite them already having other minor Spanish-language LPTVs.

Estrella was finally added to Cox in Phoenix and SD, where Liberman owns its own stations. It took them years to get on Cox despite them already having other minor Spanish-language LPTVs.

Well they landed a primo slot on the system.

CH-14 /1014

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the full Telemundo 20 news team.

[MEDIA=instagram]BUcwpYbBPvC[/MEDIA]

Is there any word on how MJ Acosta will handle doing sports on two channels? From what I've seen of Spanish language TV they follow the same pattern as in the US - sports at the end right after weather. Will one be prerecorded or placed somewhere else in the show?

Sometimes on KTAZ I've seen sports earlier in the rundown than weather. I suspect what might happen is sports is placed at, say, 11:15 on T20 and then at 11:25 on KNSD, so he has time to go between sets.

KNSD doesn't do sports at 5pm, and at 6, She doesn't come on until 6:50p. Not sure what they plan to do for the 11pm, but it might end up being what Raymie mentioned above.

KNSD doesn't do sports at 5pm, and at 6, She doesn't come on until 6:50p. Not sure what they plan to do for the 11pm, but it might end up being what Raymie mentioned above.

How long does it take to say "The Padres still suck" in English and Spanish?

How long does it take to say "The Padres still suck" in English and Spanish?

5 minutes and 20 seconds- sandwiched in between Soccer highlights, SDSU, the Gulls and 2 commercial breaks.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks bigger too. Now will it have the monitor wall opposite the anchor desh?

I assume it does. I think it looks more spacious due to the white colored walls.

They don't. Got my question answered when looking at Instagram Stories.

IMG_3897.thumb.PNG.dc2b1b1c272024bbab8719e56fed6181.PNG

Edit: It also looks like they are posting reports and weather updates on their websites.

IMG_3896.thumb.PNG.8fef1e424ec066f51894b34cf44c46ae.PNG

They don't. Got my question answered when looking at Instagram Stories.

[ATTACH]4074[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4075[/ATTACH]

Edit: It also looks like they are posting reports and weather updates on their websites.

Yeah, their website went live on June 1st. Their main anchor Guadalupe Venegas used to work at the network had a sit down interview with Telemundo Network anchors Jose Diaz-Balart and Maria Celeste Arraras. The vid is up on their site.

Yeah, their website went live on June 1st. Their main anchor Guadalupe Venegas used to work at the network had a sit down interview with Telemundo Network anchors Jose Diaz-Balart and Maria Celeste Arraras. The vid is up on their site.

I'm wondering how they're going to shoot that one pod on the far side of the studio. It's angled towards the anchor desk.

[MEDIA=instagram]BT67BCzBleF[/MEDIA]

I believe those desks move, at least on the NBC side they do. Also, they position the camera in front of the weather center area and turn it around to face towards the right side desk, so i'm guessing Telemundo will do the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

A behind the scenes look courtesy of Tijuana Press:

From the pics, it looks like they poached Carlos Sanchez from KBNT. He's the second KBNT talent to jump over to T20--the other being Francisco Fajardo. Of course, it helps that Pedro Calderon, the T20 ND was a former anchor at KBNT and worked with the two during his tenure there.

Interesting to see them leave up a website bug permanently during newscasts.

The Special Access sign actually has a typo in its Spanish side. It says utilizen when it should be utilicen. Except for place names (like Zihuatanejo), you don't see "ze"/"zi" in Spanish and C should replace Z.

Archived