Josh Elliot out at CBS

Daybreak

Damn.

So in a short time, he left ABC News to join NBC Sports (and by extension joined NBC News); then he got dropped by the Peacock and got picked up by CBS News.

Now he's outta there too?

Now I'm worried about where he'll end up next and how long he'll stay. He's too good to be just a blip on someone's radar.

Josh will be ok, sorry I wasn't a fan. He annoyed me on GMA and ESPN...He could land at FOX NEWS or CNN so we'll see or even FOX Sports 1. However, I'm sure his wife will take care of him, but Josh needs to learn some humility in the long run. Every article always talked about how he the big man on, but more like he has a big ego about himself.

If that Page Six quote in the link above is accurate, then it sounds like he really did himself in.

Elliott had recently met with Laurie Orlando, the network’s head of talent, who told him that she wanted him to take on a bigger role at CBS News. “Then Josh announced his departure without warning,” said the insider. “Executives at CBS were stunned.” Meanwhile, sources close to Elliott claim that his executive producer dropped the ball for not alerting higher-ups, including Orlando and CBS News president David Rhodes. “They totally bungled their own announcement,” said the source. “There was no communication.”

He'll be picked up by CNN next.

He doesn't seem to have a good track record with the big 3 so would CNN/HLN or Fox want him? If not my guess is his next job will probably be a general assignment reporter at some small market station ie Topeka Kansas.

I think FS1 could be his next step. There were reports they wanted a better lead in for Undisputed (starting at 9:30am ET) so perhaps building a morning show from the ground up, focused on sports, which always seemed to be his bigger passion could be his next move. An FS1 morning show, along with NFL hosting or reporting, and appearances on FOX News (if he wanted to) sounds like a logical next step to me

He doesn't seem to have a good track record with the big 3 so would CNN/HLN or Fox want him? If not my guess is his next job will probably be a general assignment reporter at some small market station ie Topeka Kansas.

Not when his wife is a big name anchor in NY..

ny news lover is right, do you know who his wife is?

Not when his wife is a big name anchor in NY..

What does she have to do with

ny news lover is right, do you know who his wife is?

Yes i do but what does that have to do with anything? He stinks as an anchor and reporter if hes already been thru all 3 major networks in less than 5 years. If he didn't work at the big 3 what makes people think he would do better at CNN or Fox? Or a local NY station for that matter? He had something good going for him at ABC until he let his ego takes over.

Jeff Zucker didn't inspire viewership at as the President of NBC, and he's landed at CNN. What's to say that Zucker won't feel for Elliott and hire him? The worst thing is that he'll end up on an NYC market station because Liz Cho is NOT leaving WABC. I could see Elliott end up on WNYW.

Now, personally, why do I care? I don't. I don't give rat's ass. It ain't my market or my husband. I'm in Denver.

Jeff Zucker didn't inspire viewership at as the President of NBC, and he's landed at CNN. What's to say that Zucker won't feel for Elliott and hire him? The worst thing is that he'll end up on an NYC market station because Liz Cho is NOT leaving WABC. I could see Elliott end up on WNYW.

Now, personally, why do I care? I don't. I don't give rat's ass. It ain't my market or my husband. I'm in Denver.

He'd be a good fit at WNYW plus they need an evening sports anchor.. they have one on mornings and weekend evenings but not weekend nights.. makes no sense

I'm wondering if he could be a good game show host- maybe if ABC gets the sense to cancel Millionaire and RTM and replaces them with revivals of Split Second and The Big Showdown, he could host the latter (Jim Peck, the original host, started out as a news anchor and even worked briefly as the newsreader at GMA like Josh was- though it was more because ABC had him under contract at the time and he didn't have a show to host).

I'm wondering if he could be a good game show host- maybe if ABC gets the sense to cancel Millionaire and RTM and replaces them with revivals of Split Second and The Big Showdown, he could host the latter (Jim Peck, the original host, started out as a news anchor and even worked briefly as the newsreader at GMA like Josh was- though it was more because ABC had him under contract at the time and he didn't have a show to host).

Not sure what the intrigue is with reviving those two shows, but my bets are on him heading to FS1 (as someone mentioned earlier) to host their new morning show if that gets off the ground.

Although, considering FS1's track record, it may not be worth the year/year and a half they'll give it before pulling the plug due to low ratings...

Archived