2017 solar eclipse coverage

ColDayNews

Univision is covering it ("El Gran Eclipse", or The Grand Eclipse), as well as WJXT on the independents' side (three hours from 1-4 p.m.)

I live in Gainesville now so I'll have access to WJXT via Cox Cable. They are planning to actually go from 12:00 Noon to 4:30 p.m. because of their noon news (which will be extended for today) and their half-hour 4:00 p.m. news.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WLS will have special eclipse coverage from Carbondale on their website while they air ABC coverage on TV.

I believe since 10A, WFLD has been wall to wall with eclipse coverage. I expect everyone to break in around 1P (if not sooner/already).

This is how Sacramento handled the eclipse.

KCRA/KQCA went outside throughout sacramento as breaking news.

KVIE (PBS) showed the eclipse via OPT.

KXTV used both their own coverage while GMA covered it back to back.

KOVR had CBS This morning covering the eclipse while KMAX had Good day Sacramento outside.

KUVS......same as PBS.

Here’s how Los Angeles/Orange County covered it.

KCBS had coverage From CBSN/CBS News

KNBC Had their own coverage at 10:30. NBC News started at 10:14.

KTLA was outside with eclipse glasses and didn’t have any commercial breaks, their “commercials” was a live feed from CNN.

KABC had ABC News on.

KCAL didn’t have coverage necessarily, but KCBS broke in every few minutes.

Univision had their own coverage.

KTTV (Fox 11) had their own coverage.

KVEA (Telemundo 52) had Noticiero Telemundo National coverage.

PBA had no coverage.

The bay area covered it like this:

KTVU: their own coverage.

KRON: a side to side coverage of the eclipse

KPIX: CBSN/CBS News. (with KBCW covering it locally)

KGO: GMA Coverage

KNTV: Local Coverage/NBC News via today.

KICU: Same as KTVU.

KDTV: Noticias 14/National Univision coverage.

KTSF will recap it through ABC News.

KOFY will recap it.

WJZY is gonna have their own coverage of the eclipse from 2-3pm. Not sure about the other Charlotte stations and Spectrum News though.

While I had appointments most of the day, I can confirm that WBTV/WCNC/WSOC also did their own coverage (although WSOC's may have been online only, since the local joined in at the same time everyone else went off). I don't know about WCCB, since I was unable to catch them.

In Chicago (in numerical order):

WBBM: CBS coverage

WMAQ: NBC coverage

WLS: ABC coverage on TV, livestream with Larry Mowry in Carbondale on their website (as mentioned before)

WGN: A one-hour eclipse special with Skilling in Carbondale (as mentioned before)

WFLD: aired the beginning of Fox News' coverage for a few minutes before going local the rest of the way

Can confirm in Columbia, MO all three network affiliates (KMIZ = ABC, KOMU=NBC, KRCG= CBS) went live with their own local coverage.

KMIZ started at 11:00, wrapped up at 1:30.

Both KRCG and KOMU had coverage from Noon-2.

He wasn't the only one. WLS just played back video of Larry Mowry getting emotional.

A certain TV sportscaster on Chicago radio equated this to the weather department's Super Bowl, and I agree, so why not shed a few tears? I wasn't being critical, just illustrating how cool and special this was. :)

WFMJ actually had its own coverage from 2:00-2:45. Anchor Derek Steyer was in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, and there were 5 reporters and meterologists covering it locally. Very surprising to see all that coverage!

A certain TV sportscaster on Chicago radio equated this to the weather department's Super Bowl, and I agree, so why not shed a few tears? I wasn't being critical, just illustrating how cool and special this was. :)

I know. This was a big day for weather departments across the country and it's good to see weather nerds get emotionally happy about the thing they love.

KYW seems like an odd one for eclipse coverage seeing as Philadelphia isn't really anywhere close to the path of totality. Hoping for eyeballs as the bottom feeder station I guess?

Looks like KATU is going to be live pretty much all morning long.....

Don't all of you see what's really going on here???

This is just a "warm-up" by the overlords for when the asteroids hit us and wipe us out.

"They" will tell us it's another "eclipse" ...

They will have us looking at the sun....

Then BAM!!!!

The asteroid will hit us in the ass ...and kill us all...blasted back to dino-land.

You can bet the NASA live stream will crash...just like it did today.

Save those glasses people...save tin foil.

You will need them to see the entire truth.

tinshark.jpg.75be565db1d99dc7e73177dcd3d008d5.jpg

Don't all of you see what's really going on here???

This is just a "warm-up" by the overlords for when the asteroids hit us and wipe us out.

"They" will tell us it's another "eclipse" ...

They will have us looking at the sun....

Then BAM!!!!

The asteroid will hit us in the ass ...and kill us all...blasted back to dino-land.

You can bet the NASA live stream will crash...just like it did today.

Save those glasses people...save tin foil.

You will need them to see the entire truth.

[ATTACH=full]4366[/ATTACH]

Let me guess, this KBEX News lead story tonight? Right?!

-- Matt

Let me guess, this KBEX News lead story tonight? Right?!

-- Matt

Meh, doesn't sound any crazier than some of the must-runs that Sinclair airs right? ;)

St. Louis was very fortunate to have decent weather during the total eclipse because just a few hours after the partial eclipse finished up, we have had thunderstorms the rest of the day.

The 3 stations with news departments went all out with local coverage all day. The one station that doesn't *cough* KDNL *cough* relied on ABC's network coverage of the event. KSDK did air NBC's coverage of the eclipse later in the day when it arrived to South Carolina.

Archived