WSVN Losing FOX affiliation?

TheMassMediaGeek

I’m just baffled that Fox wants to get a station and have another WJZY on its hands. Except this time, they’re moving from a top station in English to what may only beat WFOR in the news race.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd think that WHDH would've dropped newscasts on WLVI since WHDH isn't affiliated with anybody, apparently the Ansin's haven't gotten that memo yet

KTLA Los Angeles simulcasts their 10-11:30 pm news on their digital subchannel Antenna TV (5.2) weekdays. Just another place among 100's of cable channels to get eyes watching.

No reason not to simulcast on WLVI since there are probably plenty of people use to it. Plus you get exposure on two cable/satellite channels.

I’m just baffled that Fox wants to get a station and have another WJZY on its hands. Except this time, they’re moving from a top station in English to what may only beat WFOR in the news race.

Like they care, as long as they don't have to share with Ansin.

You'd think that WHDH would've dropped newscasts on WLVI since WHDH isn't affiliated with anybody, apparently the Ansin's haven't gotten that memo yet

What else would they plug in their place besides a quadruple-run of Maury?

Once 56-1 flips to Buzzr and WLVI's program inventory merges onto WHDH, this will mercifully be a moot point.

Fox will have O&Os in every market in the top 20 - outside of WFXT - with this deal. That's the only reason why.

And, should KTBC remain in their hands, Fox will have four O&Os in California, four O&Os in Texas and four O&Os in Florida.

Fox will have O&Os in every market in the top 20 - outside of WFXT - with this deal. That's the only reason why.

And, should KTBC remain in their hands, Fox will have four O&Os in California, four O&Os in Texas and four O&Os in Florida.

Bring on the RNN's !!!

Plus now there is ZERO need for any other feed services at FOX OnO's in those 3 states....err Regions..

Four in Texas? I thought they were just gonna have three.

Though I do wonder now why Fox wanted KSTU back...politics? Growth potential? Being of aid to KDVR and KSAZ?

Growth in SLC area is huge and shows no signs of letting up.

Once 56-1 flips to Buzzr and WLVI's program inventory merges onto WHDH, this will mercifully be a moot point.

If that was the case it would already have flipped. But I forgot you’re the one who claimed that NBC Boston was never gonna happen, and when it did, you tried to change your tune and take credit for it.

Four in Texas? I thought they were just gonna have three.

Though I do wonder now why Fox wanted KSTU back...politics? Growth potential? Being of aid to KDVR and KSAZ?

What’s this mystery 4th Fox O&O in Texas?

Sounds like Myron once again spewing out out stuff and being wrong. I can point out many times, this has happened, most recently in this thread when he claimed KTBC was trade bait for KCPQ. I hope he’s not in the business because he does an awful job of fact checking.

Um, there are currently three Fox O&Os across Texas; if Austin's KTBC Fox 7 ends up being sold to Sinclair, then there would be two Fox O&Os.

So please STFU. WSVN will still be around and Sunbeam ain't going nowhere.

No you STFU. Weren’t you one of the ones who said Fox would never drop WSVN? So don’t act like a know-it-all now.

There are three Fox affiliates (KDFW/KRIV/for now KTBC) owned and operated by the network in Texas. There are two other non-Fox stations (KDFI/KTXH) also owned by the network.

KTLA Los Angeles simulcasts their 10-11:30 pm news on their digital subchannel Antenna TV (5.2) weekdays. Just another place among 100's of cable channels to get eyes watching.

No reason not to simulcast on WLVI since there are probably plenty of people use to it. Plus you get exposure on two cable/satellite channels.

I remember flipping through channels watching winter storm coverage one night a few years ago. WHDH had pre-empted NBC programming, but WLVI hadn't pre-empted CW programming, so I figured 'HDH would switch over to NBC at 10:00. Nope! WLVI simply simulcasted the coverage...with separate ads during at least one break.

(This may have been the same storm for which WFXT ran continuous coverage from 10:00pm one night to 8:00pm the next night.)

No you STFU. Weren’t you one of the ones who said Fox would never drop WSVN? So don’t act like a know-it-all now.

Well I thought so since WSVN is one of the strongest (if not THE strongest) FOX affiliates out there and there would be NO WAY FOX would wanna leave WSVN. But boy I was wrong but its okay because I see WSVN still surviving and will be more thriving if its loses FOX.

Sounds like Myron once again spewing out out stuff and being wrong. I can point out many times, this has happened, most recently in this thread when he claimed KTBC was trade bait for KCPQ. I hope he’s not in the business because he does an awful job of fact checking.

It was four years ago, I looked up the thread, I was wrong and I said as such.

We all don't have impeccable eidetic memories.

A rerun of whatever sitcom shows that WLVI airs (whether it's Two And A Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, etc.)

Archived