The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

Interesting pairing tonight. Walter's off, and Brian Taff is filling in alongside Sarah. I believe Sarah anchored solo yesterday for Walter.

I know I've said this before, but I still think they should utilize Sharie Williams on Fridays at noon and Saturday evenings (and give her Monday coupled with Sunday off).

That is odd - why have anyone at all fill in for Walter and not just Sarah??

Since they went to a two-anchor format for Sunday evenings, when one anchor is off, I've seen fill-ins on all but one occasion. Shirleen has filled in for Sarah before as well.

FYI that PHL/6ABC image has been used onair for several months as a station ID/TOH. They have a few other various ones like the zooballoon inflight. They show them before some program starts. The voiceover for this particular shot is "you're watching Philadelphia's own 6abc"

Has anyone noticed this recently:

On the station's AN livestream, commercials that air on the station during newscasts air in the livestream, instead of a still image or clip that says "6abc WILL BE RIGHT BACK". I first saw this this morning and thought this was odd. Has this begun a little longer than that?

What are you guys' thoughts?

Has anyone noticed this recently:

On the station's AN livestream, commercials that air on the station during newscasts air in the livestream, instead of a still image or clip that says "6abc WILL BE RIGHT BACK". I first saw this this morning and thought this was odd. Has this begun a little longer than that?

What are you guys' thoughts?

I read somewhere that with the TVEverywhere services some ads maybe dynamically replaced if they did not sell the streaming rights. I wouldn't be surprised if networks and their affiliates stopped selling broadcast only ads.

• 1 month later...

Here is her message on Facebook:

"I write this with weight in my heart - earlier today, I told my Action News family that I have made the difficult decision to return to my other family, in my hometown of New York City. I will remain with the ABC/Disney

family, having accepted a position with 6abc’s sister station, WABC. I have so many fond memories from my five years in Philadelphia. I love this city. I love this television station. And I love my 6abc family.

Thank you so much for all of your loving support. ‪#‎6abc‬ ‪#‎LovePhilly‬‪#‎thanks‬"

Leaving one extremely amazing and respected station for another.

I wish her all the very best.

Here is her message on Facebook:

Leaving one extremely amazing and respected station for another.

I wish her all the very best.

I wonder if Sharrie Williams will take over the 4 pm slot with Brian Taff? She still really doesn't seem to have a definite purpose.

I don't watch the 4pm very often or the 10pm on PHL17, so I don't have much of an opinion, aside from the time I saw her in a breaking news situation and she wasn't the best ... but that is hard to do on the fly and a skill that comes with time.

I wonder if Sharrie Williams will take over the 4 pm slot with Brian Taff? She still really doesn't seem to have a definite purpose.

First thing that crossed my mind.

I don't watch the 4pm very often or the 10pm on PHL17, so I don't have much of an opinion, aside from the time I saw her in a breaking news situation and she wasn't the best ... but that is hard to do on the fly and a skill that comes with time.

I haven't watched the 4pm News much lately either, so I can't say much either. But I agree that she's not that great at just being "3rd Anchor Standing at the Big Board", but who knows? Maybe she would take over the hour with Brian and probably might be better than we thought. Or probably not. We Shall See...

Sharrie Williams is who I'm betting on, although I could see Sarah take on the 4pm (although that would take her off Sundays) and Monica taking on the 10pm.

Dark horse candidates: Alicia Viterrelli, Eva Pilgrim, Tamela Edwards, or a reporter.

My predictions:

Sarah takes over the 4pm, Sundays go solo with Walter again.

Monica remains at 5pm as either Alicia or Sharrie takes over at 10pm

Eva and Tamela will remain in their roles. Keep Tamela in the mornings, their chemistry works there.

But nothing matters when Jim Gardner is still your Action News anchor at 6 and 11pm.

Over on the WABC board they're saying Shirleen will be anchoring the Noon broadcast on channel 7. Replacing either Lori Stokes, Ken Rosato, or both.

Not certain who she'll be co-anchoring with but more than likely it'll be David Navarro.

A bittersweet anouncement, but it's a good career move for her I believe.

P.S. Philly seems to be a feeder market into NYC DMA#1 with so many Philly talent making the move to NY in the last few years, the question is whose next to jump ship frm DMA 4 > NYC?