Possible New NBC Sports/NBCSN Graphics?

AaronQ

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new football scoreboard features a gray NBC logo on it that turns black for a few seconds whenever someone gets a first down.

It also turns yellow whenever there's a flag thrown. I assume it turns red whenever there's a challenge too.

Read a nice post on a sports production blog about NBC's production of this year's Winter Classic. One of the things they mentioned is this new package is only an update to the insert graphics (scorebars, l3s etc). Animations and such will stay the same. It's a good read if you're into sports production:

http://sportsvideo.org/main/blog/2014/12/nbc-brings-spectacle-of-nhl-winter-classic-to-nations-capital/

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed an update during the Super Bowl that the Peacock logo isn't gray anymore, but in its normal colorful version. Which make no sense, as there are two Peacocks on the screen, one more than we would need during the game.

Or in the football fans' case, two more.

I noticed an update during the Super Bowl that the Peacock logo isn't gray anymore, but in its normal colorful version. Which make no sense, as there are two Peacocks on the screen, one more than we would need during the game.

Or in the football fans' case, two more.

That was changed during the Divisional round, as noted above.

The one thing they did change this week is that the down and distance is now shown in each teams' colors to indicate possession, much like the previous NBC package. The first two weeks of this new package did not indicate ball possession on the score graphic in any way, as the down and distance indicator had a gray background at all times.

Lost in the shuffle of the Super Bowl, the new look for motorsports debuted over the weekend for NASCAR's Gridiron Challenge:

http://www.nbcsports.com/motor-sports/nascar/suarez-gault-pick-gridiron-challenge-win-final-lap

I can see people complaining that the driver positions don't scroll like other networks do.

Lost in the shuffle of the Super Bowl, the new look for motorsports debuted over the weekend for NASCAR's Gridiron Challenge:

http://www.nbcsports.com/motor-sports/nascar/suarez-gault-pick-gridiron-challenge-win-final-lap

I can see people complaining that the driver positions don't scroll like other networks do.

It's actually becoming a trend, FOX's package that debuted last year doesn't scroll.

Given how they've started using a permanent top-right bug for sports (much like Fox), they're also using the full-on Olympic bug for the Olympic sports too (usually they just had a translucent one but saved the colored one for the games proper), if the NBCSN coverage of the FIS world championships is any indication.

• 2 months later...

aqvd199401 : (15 April 2015 - 09:19 PM) So... CSN got the current NBC Sports graphics for the playoffs... https://twitter.com/...493916321677312

24994J : (15 April 2015 - 09:07 PM) I'm currently out to dinner, so I'm not going to create/find a thread for this, but CSN Chicago has rolled out the new NBC NHL graphics for tonight's first postseason game. There aren't using them for anything else on the network.

The above was posted to the shoutbox... apparently multiple CSN's are using the new NHL graphics for the postseason.

24994J is referencing CSN Chicago

aqvd199401 is referencing the Washington DC equivalent.

aqvd199401 : (15 April 2015 - 09:19 PM) So... CSN got the current NBC Sports graphics for the playoffs... https://twitter.com/...493916321677312

24994J : (15 April 2015 - 09:07 PM) I'm currently out to dinner, so I'm not going to create/find a thread for this, but CSN Chicago has rolled out the new NBC NHL graphics for tonight's first postseason game. There aren't using them for anything else on the network.

The above was posted to the shoutbox... apparently multiple CSN's are using the new NHL graphics for the postseason.

24994J is referencing CSN Chicago

aqvd199401 is referencing the Washington DC equivalent.

It appears the new graphics are only used during the game. I am watching the Baltimore feed CSN Sport Net Central (only difference is that when a Ravens show airs in Baltimore the Redskins equivalent airs in it's place and everything else is basically the same) and they are using the old graphics.

I'm curious to see if anything rolls out this weekend as the NBA playoffs commence.

Sidebar: I laugh at those who don't live in a two-playoff team town. :D

Thanks.... We were close.... Then again Detroit is possibly a 3 playoff team town so ha! :D

...And the Cubs are in first place, so we really have no idea what the hell is going on.

Maybe there is an actual turnaround going on on the North Side?

As for the graphics..

They look pretty darn good IMO.

Archived