WGCL faces controversy over "pizzagate" report

atlnews2

But plenty of low rated newscast make plenty of good money because of great sale execs.

That does NOT excuse WGCL by any means...but they really believe this is going to make them money...ratings be damned.

For the record I think it's just as insane as you and everyone else does, but it's also funny as hell that they stooped this low, and they are taking that poor stupid clueless kid (reporter) down also.

That kid could use some humbling. How old is he anyway? Send him to a mid 100 market.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That kid could use some humbling. How old is he anyway? Send him to a mid 100 market.

I bet he does just fine in the exciting new world of Opinion Journalism.

it's no longer about the truth....it's all about hits and being over the top.

Most flame out early.

The more I see of him the less and less I like him. He is so dramatic, arrogant, cocky, and a smartass. No wonder so few at WGCL like him. That post about his twitter going dark is way too over the top. Is he a part time model or something? Why does he have so many glamour shots of him? Why does he have to be in EVERY. SINGLE. STORY PROMOTION of his? I clicked through several of his pictures. Does he have other people managing his twitter? Because quite a few of his captions are written in the third person. "Ben discovered __" "Ben tells us how___" "Ben said ___"

Give me a break. WGCL can do better than him. Swann seems like a better fit for BuzzFeed, Alex Jones, or Breitbart.

The more I see of him the less and less I like him. He is so dramatic, arrogant, cocky, and a smartass. No wonder so few at WGCL like him.

He's just like Chase Cain (we still never found out why he left Milwaukee after only one month). At least Chase has the social numbers and appeal to back him up though, and he isn't floating stuff that belongs on a clear-channel station at 3:30 in the morning.

The more I see of him the less and less I like him. He is so dramatic, arrogant, cocky, and a smartass. No wonder so few at WGCL like him. That post about his twitter going dark is way too over the top. Is he a part time model or something? Why does he have so many glamour shots of him? Why does he have to be in EVERY. SINGLE. STORY PROMOTION of his? I clicked through several of his pictures. Does he have other people managing his twitter? Because quite a few of his captions are written in the third person. "Ben discovered __" "Ben tells us how___" "Ben said ___"

Give me a break. WGCL can do better than him. Swann seems like a better fit for BuzzFeed, Alex Jones, or Breitbart.

The countdown reminds me of someone here.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm here in Atlanta, and on occasional I will watch him over-the-air. He has sex appeal and is eye candy is why he is still with the station. Sharon Reed and him are the eye candy night time leads at the station. That is his saving grace.

I'm here in Atlanta, and on occasional I will watch him over-the-air. He has sex appeal and is eye candy is why he is still with the station. Sharon Reed and him are the eye candy night time leads at the station. That is his saving grace.

Funny part both worked for Raycom Stations. Sharon Reed (WOIO) Cleveland and Ben Swann (WXIX) Cincinnati.

Guys guys, Pizzagate was just using 'Alternate facts!' There's no use for real ones anymore if no one believes them.

Given all the propaganda disseminated about Russia lately, you shouldn't be so smug. The folks at Pravda in the 1970's had more journalistic ethics than the folks in the mainstream media (aka the Democrat Party PR department) have today. The Russia propaganda epitomizes fake news.

Given all the propaganda disseminated about Russia lately, you shouldn't be so smug. The folks at Pravda in the 1970's had more journalistic ethics than the folks in the mainstream media (aka the Democrat Party PR department) have today. The Russia propaganda epitomizes fake news.

You should really do research to understand what constitute fact and fiction. Mainstream media isn't so divisive as you suggest.

Archived