KFSN New Gfx

susquvalleywgal

Now all the three Cali O&Os have the same exact graphic package. Wonderful. :rolleyes:

I've grown to love their now old gfx, because it was a strong reminder (especially the font) of what KABC used in the early 2000s.

I'm not against the graphics itself, but I do feel uneasy that KFSN is now using KABC's carbon-copy. They could've gotten a brand new package that differentiate themselves from the in-state Circle 7s. But no. They went the cheap route. There was no shock when KGO received the graphics last year, because it used their previous graphics as well. But KFSN? This came out of nowhere for me.

ABC has gone by without gfx standardization, while the other three network O&Os have done so in recent years.

Let's hope this doesn't seep out east........

ABC has gone by without gfx standardization, while the other three network O&Os have done so in recent years.

Let's hope this doesn't seep out east........

I've heard rumors... Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

The California O&O look wouldn't be a bad one to copy across the station group. It's an incredibly flexible package, and if you watch a KABC or KGO newscast, it's pretty amazing how many complicated graphics they can build. The only issue is that it requires a pretty advanced graphics system in order to pull off all those smooth animations, and it looks like KFSN isn't up to date on their Viz or what have you. Of course, that shouldn't be too much of an issue for the other stations.

It looks nice but I feel like the logo needs to be updated. The goldish yellow looks like it doesn't fit in - maybe if they made the blue background brighter it would look better.

Well, KFSN's set still sucks.

The contemporary graphics do clash with the set.

That set was garbage when it debuted, and it wasn't even that long ago. As for the graphics, a quick search says they debuted between Thursday and Friday morning. As nice as the package is, they are not using it well. Some of the fonts are poorly-sized (see ticker), the lower third bars are frequently too long (not just the length of the text), and of course the aforementioned animations (or lacktherof).

1080844582_Capture_2017-03-19-01-02-00.thumb.png.2a3faf52f624fb84803b667a5d6f6f5e.png

789328316_Capture_2017-03-19-01-07-18.thumb.png.6c0712129cab702e9e7efe241bf6f31d.png

46709188_Capture_2017-03-19-00-54-41.thumb.png.a4eac0bf5929f47304d15ffd6f507717.png

1723966381_Capture_2017-03-19-01-06-42.thumb.png.f65308173f97fa5eb6eeff3a8dc25430.png

661960998_Capture_2017-03-19-01-06-31.thumb.png.4a6d73c58d216dc5ee88afbe0c5c0696.png

428401696_Capture_2017-03-19-01-02-37.thumb.png.c77e31285d5132b4c8f38db02454947a.png

1650189960_Capture_2017-03-19-01-02-07.thumb.png.adffb5bb29d6f996da8f3dbe6ea080fb.png

What in the world is going on with this package?

Stylized 3D text on an unmistakably contemporary graphic? Inconsistent spacing in the lower thirds? Wild usage of different typefaces?

Seriously, it's for one thing KFSN's set is up there in the 'worst' category... but this?

Are they for real?

I'm glad that KFSN got the Cali O&O package. However, I fault them for the execution of the package. I understand that Fresno is a small market, but for the love of crap, have some quality control before bringing out such a blah product.

What in the world is going on with this package?

Stylized 3D text on an unmistakably contemporary graphic? Inconsistent spacing in the lower thirds? Wild usage of different typefaces?

Seriously, it's for one thing KFSN's set is up there in the 'worst' category... but this?

Are they for real?

Why are you expecting LA or SF level product? Good grief. They only own it as a laboratory and a hub...

The key word is trivial...

Do I win points for that? Can I use that with my free 500 minutes of America Online? :rolleyes:

you are complaining about something meaningless....
So is this conversation you are beginning with me.

Do I win points for that? Can I use that with my free 500 minutes of America Online? :rolleyes:

So is this conversation you are beginning with me.

Pretty much anything here is trivial... nobody is moving a mountain with any of this... I'm just saying that I don't really get why you HAD to point out something dumb to complain about...

And yes... you get your 500 minutes plus 500 more for playing along.... I regret to inform you however that at faster speeds your minutes are reduced by a factor of 10... :D

Archived