Fox News harrasment controversy

atlnews2

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of these loud-mouth "republicans" are old, and white. They won't be around forever. Eventually, all their B.S. will catch up to them, just take a look at Roger Ailes' situation...

This is really disappointing, since there are many conservatives that still have common decency/respect/love for their fellow American.

Ana Navarro, Tom Wilson and Evan McMullan are the only conservatives who fit that bill. And none of them are in any elected office to speak of.

Everyone else just sat back and let the radical a-holes take over the party to the point where they too became milder and softer versions of said radical a-holes. (And they had to, in order to be reelected and not primaried out of office.)

That was the level of damage Fox did to the body politic.

Ana Navarro, Tom Wilson and Evan McMullan are the only conservatives who fit that bill. And none of them are in any elected office to speak of.

Everyone else just sat back and let the radical a-holes take over the party to the point where they too became milder and softer versions of said radical a-holes. (And they had to, in order to be reelected and not primaried out of office.)

That was the level of damage Fox did to the body politic.

True. However WE as citizens still have the ability to change things if we truly wanted. Problem is that there's tooooooooooo many NIMBY's out there that sit on their asses and refuse to do something about it, even though deep down they realize that what's going on is NOT acceptable and will only bring upon more problems to this country.

Also, millennials don't have one leg to stand on, let alone bitch since their apatheticness is what led to Trump getting elected. I realize that the DNC screwed Bernie over and that Hillary wasn't exactly the candidate they wanted, but her policies at the very least included some of what Bernie was proposing. Did they really think that Trump and his minions were going to roll over and suddenly become Bernie? Had the millenials shown up in droves like they did for Obama, we'd be talking about something way different.

Now we have to hope that next year's midterms are able to deliver that counter-punch that we need against Trump. But, we should have never been in this predicament in the first place...

Kids, live and learn. Actions and decisions have consequences, don't make the same stupid mistake twice...

Also, millennials don't have one leg to stand on, let alone bitch since their apatheticness is what led to Trump getting elected. I realize that the DNC screwed Bernie over and that Hillary wasn't exactly the candidate they wanted, but her policies at the very least included some of what Bernie was proposing. Did they really think that Trump and his minions were going to roll over and suddenly become Bernie? Had the millenials shown up in droves like they did for Obama, we'd be talking about something way different.

Now we have to hope that next year's midterms are able to deliver that counter-punch that we need against Trump. But, we should have never been in this predicament in the first place...

Kids, live and learn. Actions and decisions have consequences, don't make the same stupid mistake twice...

well i was proud to say i voted but for my fellow young millenials they should be ashamed but in a lanugage they can understand im gonna quote a version of future(the rapper) lyrics where ya *** was at when trump took country over

True. However WE as citizens still have the ability to change things if we truly wanted. Problem is that there's tooooooooooo many NIMBY's out there that sit on their asses and refuse to do something about it, even though deep down they realize that what's going on is NOT acceptable and will only bring upon more problems to this country.

I'm a millennial (though definitely not an average one) and I voted for Hillary- I realized that Trump in office was bad news. I spent the day after the election in a near-catatonic state.

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed: Lumpy's viewers are all dumber than a box of rocks.

[MEDIA=twitter]874454602590167040[/MEDIA]

Seriously, this crosses the line between stupidity, malfeasance, mendacity and victimhood simultaneously.

• 3 weeks later...
And now a law firm that's representing some of the victims is asking Ofcom (the UK media regulator) to block the sale of Sky, because of this mess across the pond.

From CNN on Wednesday:

So an update regarding Fox acquisition of Sky.

Ofcom has announced that it is withholding approval until is goes through a thorough review, according to CNN.

The British government ruled that Murdoch's 21st Century Fox (FOX) should not be allowed to purchase Sky (SKYAY) without a further investigation.

-----

Fox and Sky have until July 14 to respond to Bradley. If not swayed by their response, she will refer the deal to the Competition and Markets Authority for an in-depth investigation.

Fox said in a statement it would "continue to work constructively with the U.K. authorities," adding it expected any further review to take at least 24 weeks.

"In such an event, the transaction is expected to close by June 30, 2018," Fox said in a statement.

----

Separately, Ofcom published its own report on whether Fox would be a "fit and proper" owner for Sky.

Ofcom said it had considered allegations of sexual and racial harassment at Fox News, calling them "extremely serious and disturbing."

Lawyers for women who have accused Fox News of harassment and discrimination lobbied Ofcom in recent weeks to block the deal.

"It seems clear that there were significant failings of the corporate culture at Fox News," Ofcom said, adding that the failings were not serious enough to disqualify Fox from holding a U.K. broadcasting license.

So an update regarding Fox acquisition of Sky.

Ofcom has announced that it is withholding approval until is goes through a thorough review, according to CNN.

Let the extortion begin.

Delays+Govt.=Extortion

I can't imagine somebody like Payne getting suspended or committing sexual assault. I just don't see that in him.

And the accuser is a Trump supporter, so it's gonna be hard for the Fox apologists to explain this one.

This chain is getting less shocking and more sad and real pathetic now.

This isn't even including the fact that Fox Sports President Jamie Horowitz was fired on Monday for sexual harassment.

So the culture at 2 divisions on different sides of the county is currently toxic and employee moral at all time lows.

And the accuser is a Trump supporter, so it's gonna be hard for the Fox apologists to explain this one.

yeah it's Scottie Nell Hughes the one who was screaming that quoting trump's pu**y comments are bad cause her daughter was watching, plus apparently her affair ended with payne poorly so she snitched on him

yeah it's Scottie Nell Hughes the one who was screaming that quoting trump's pu**y comments are bad cause her daughter was watching, plus apparently her affair ended with payne poorly so she snitched on him

Oh great. Scottie was the one Ana Navarro went after that night on the CNN Nightly Panel From Hell last October.

At a certain point, this goes beyond who supports what politically. We're looking at a cultural rot throughout the entire operational structure of a cable news channel, one that was suppressed throughout the duration of Roger Ailes' leadership.

Oh great. Scottie was the one Ana Navarro went after that night on the CNN Nightly Panel From Hell last October.

At a certain point, this goes beyond who supports what politically. We're looking at a cultural rot throughout the entire operational structure of a cable news channel, one that was suppressed throughout the duration of Roger Ailes' leadership.

I agree. At this point, 21st Century Fox (Fox network, Fox News, FX, etc.) is a cesspool. There's no way in hell that Ofcom let's Rupert get the rest of BSkyB.

I agree. At this point, 21st Century Fox (Fox network, Fox News, FX, etc.) is a cesspool. There's no way in hell that Ofcom let's Rupert get the rest of BSkyB.

I haven't been paying attention, but how is FX, let alone the entirety of 21st Century Fox a cesspool? Besides "guilty by association", that is.

How is the rest of 21st CF a cesspool?

For all I know as of late, I've heard nothing about any execs at Fox or FX being accused of or fired for sexual assault or harassment. Yes, Fox News and Sports deserve their new reputations at this point;

but the other networks should not just because they're related.

It seems unlikely they aren't touched by it...

10 years from now we will hear the real stories...

This lawsuit seems pretty sketchy. Coerced into a 3-year extramarital affair? It's pretty obvious that the only reason she was on his show so much was that they were romantically involved. Why else would she be on a business show all the time??? Now that CNN has let her go and her career is stalled, it seems that she's looking for a payday since she didn't get anything out of their sleazy affair.

Hope their spouses have some kick-ass divorce lawyers...

How is the rest of 21st CF a cesspool?

For all I know as of late, I've heard nothing about any execs at Fox or FX being accused of or fired for sexual assault or harassment. Yes, Fox News and Sports deserve their new reputations at this point;

but the other networks should not just because they're related.

The sports departments newfound reputation only resides on Jamie Horowitz's hands. As insufferable as Colin Cowherd and Skip Bayless are, they aren't cesspool-bad. Just ridiculously overpaid and overhyped for the dozens of viewers they somehow get.

• 2 weeks later...

So this harrasment culture has been going on forever?

From TheWrap, back in 1998, Fox settled with a former VP of the Fox Network, after she was harrassed by former executive at Fox Sports, David Hill.

One year later, Hill was elevated to chairman of the entire sports group. And he would stay with the company until 2015.

You know what? There's no words.

So this harrasment culture has been going on forever?

From TheWrap, back in 1998, Fox settled with a former VP of the Fox Network, after she was harrassed by former executive at Fox Sports, David Hill.

You know what? There's no words.

Meanwhile over at CBS...

Same thing...different network.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/lawsuit-alleges-sexual-harassment-at-cbs-news/259860

It happens everywhere.

FOX was just the flavor of the day.

Meanwhile over at CBS...

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/lawsuit-alleges-sexual-harassment-at-cbs-news/259860

It happens everywhere.

I should have specified. Yeah, it happens everywhere. But I'm specifically talking about Fox.

The Wrap article proves that this culture at Fox has been alive and well for nearly two decades. What's worst is they figure they can settle their way out of things to avoid going through further legal channels (glad that Andrea Tantaros didn't take any of their settement money).

This is almost similar to when Fox made settlements to five employees who've said they were harrassed by Bill O'Reilly. See the pattern?

Meanwhile over at CBS...

It happens everywhere.

That happened two years ago, and I see no evidence that sexual harassment is institutionalized at CBS or any other network to the same extent that it is at FNC.

Archived