Fox News harrasment controversy

atlnews2

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tucker has seen a slight decline in ratings since taking over for O'Reilly. Most of those losses are in the 55+ demo

not very surprising

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-fox-ratings-20170509-story.html

A bit of a "die-off" was to be expected. 55+ can die suddenly from the loss of all kind of things such as spouses and pets. Probably just emotional shock.

I'm sure FOX factored that into the cost benefit analysis.

A bit of a "die-off" was to be expected. 55+ can die suddenly from the loss of all kind of things such as spouses and pets. Probably just emotional shock.

I'm sure FOX factored that into the cost benefit analysis.

What about deaths caused by pets or spouses?

Tucker has seen a slight decline in ratings since taking over for O'Reilly. Most of those losses are in the 55+ demo

not very surprising

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-fox-ratings-20170509-story.html

Only a 2% decline in the 25-54 money demo. Holding steady with the loyal-to-a-fault baked-in audience.

You'd think that the 55-dead crowd would have absolutely no problem with Tucker's smug punchable face (same level of smug punchableness as Jesse Watters)... but apparently not?

FNC moral is at an all time low. Many of Ailes cronies are still in place, and Rupert seems to be taking the "lalala, I'm not listening" approach to dealing with the problem

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/05/rupert-murdoch-disaster-at-fox-news.html

This might be what sinks Rupert's bid for Sky. Just the rumor of hiring Rebekah Brooks to run Fox worked would be enough to anger Ofcom.

I guess they should have submitted a bid for acquiring Tribune back here in the states, because that probably had a higher chance of happening, even with Sinclair wanting Trib stations badly, too. I'm sure Ofcom are well aware of the Fox News problems. Unless they have no regard for sexist/racist workplace cultures or are corrupt and being paid off, then it wouldn't surprise me if they're leaning towards the idea that Murdoch is not fit to have complete control of Sky. If the Sky bid falls through, I wonder what that will affect as far as Fox News goes. I think it could go either way between changing a little more or having no change whatsoever, and Murdoch will probably be pissed at someone for this (instead of himself for allowing it to go on for years and not intervening sooner).

are WNYW and fox news channel in the same building?

Honestly, I can maybe believe it if it was at WNYW. That's right in their backyard and they've taken some Fox 5 anchors and reporters for FNC, haven't they? I know Heather Nauert did Good Day New York for some time.[/quote

are WNYW and fox news channel in the same building?

No, WNYW is about a mile north on the Upper East Side, but still probably close enough for Fox News bosses to have a closer eye on, and it's probably the flagship O&O. Several Fox News presenters even talk to WNYW anchors, I recall Bret Baier and Neil Cavuto both making regular appearances on WNYW programs, more often than I recall anyone from FNC talking to people on my local affiliate WFLD besides the occasional random Fox Business person (and it would never be Cavuto). They have more of a connection than a lot of other O&Os probably do.

No, WNYW is about a mile north on the Upper East Side, but still probably close enough for Fox News bosses to have a closer eye on, and it's probably the flagship O&O. Several Fox News presenters even talk to WNYW anchors, I recall Bret Baier and Neil Cavuto both making regular appearances on WNYW programs, more often than I recall anyone from FNC talking to people on my local affiliate WFLD besides the occasional random Fox Business person (and it would never be Cavuto). They have more of a connection than a lot of other O&Os probably do.

Right, the WNYW build dates back to the thirties and DuMont- then it became the Metromedia TeleCenter. (A set of exterior doors on the building still bear the Metromedia logo, in the form of door handles.)

Right, the WNYW build dates back to the thirties and DuMont- then it became the Metromedia TeleCenter. (A set of exterior doors on the building still bear the Metromedia logo, in the form of door handles.)

The 1986 Fox logo still adorns the side of the WNYW building, no?

Beckel always struck me as a very cantankerous old man, I'll never forget his rant on the "wussy Euro-trash girl's game" of soccer during the World Cup, they managed to make the liberal look like the most hateful one in that panel! And this golden moment from Hannity that that article linked to.

I wonder he said, and if it's in any way comparable to any apparent racially-insensitive remarks his colleagues at the network have said in the past. Lest we forget...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1T7EeTnaZI

Archived