New WGN Set

alex979

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, what's with nearly every Chicago station using some sort of video screen wall?

That's not a Chicago thing; that's a nearly universal thing at this point. You'd have to be a very small market station to unveil a set without a video wall at this point.

That's not a Chicago thing; that's a nearly universal thing at this point. You'd have to be a very small market station to unveil a set without a video wall at this point.

This.

Liking the new digs for WGN. Definitely borrows some elements from the KTLA set, but also from KCPQ's set as well.

Also, what's with nearly every Chicago station using some sort of video screen wall?

They give news sets SO much more versatility than a printed backdrop (like a Duratran.)

This is a huge upgrade over what they had. I think some people here have very specific imaginations about their ideal vision for a news set, and let that get in the way of seeing what an improvement this is. This is a great, large space that will give that morning show a ton of creative freedom.

Not liking the 9 (I wish it was heavier). Graphics overall, not bad, but not great either.

I agree with you. I don't like the 9. I do like the new "WGN" part of the logo though

They give news sets SO much more versatility than a printed backdrop (like a Duratran.)

This is a huge upgrade over what they had. I think some people here have huge imaginations about their ideal vision for a news set, and let that get in the way of seeing what an improvement this is. This is a great, large space that will give that morning show a ton of creative freedom.

I think WGN Morning News is what they had in mind first when developing this. The bigger desk so everyone can fit, lots of space, the couch instead of individual armchairs, etc. It feels very developed around that show specifically.

Archived