New WGN Set

alex979

Here we go!

[MEDIA=instagram]BT_lXNGFEkS[/MEDIA]

Ummm... hold on a second. That's the old logo. Where is that picture taken? IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS???https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154500651407411

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here we go!

Ummm... hold on a second. That's the old logo. Where is that picture taken? IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS???https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154500651407411

Hold up....... when was the last time they used that studio where they would do special segments?

Here we go!

NEW LOGO!

Bout damn time i hope it looks okay all tge sets Tribune have made so far have looked either cheap or too bland but if its just a huge monitor in the newsroom with new graphics im going to laugh i doubt its going to be better than WFLDs set they have the second highest operation budget but who knows it could just be the announcement of 24 hour news and they have 2 studios?

Just wanted to note WFLD finally beat WGN to something a new set and hell i think they should bring back THE TEN

It's gotta be a new logo included. The last time they changed the logo, the new set followed maybe a year after that or less, this time they probably want to do it all at once. Plus, don't forget that Spring Rubber saw what looked like a new logo using a new font and the 80s "9" logo on a graphic accidentally shown on the Evening News. The out-of-focus logo in that Instagram picture seems to match up with that.

I'm really glad that they're getting a new set, too. The current one was fine in the 2000s, but it's starting to show its age. A friend even told me he felt that the WGN News set needed a big facelift and looked cheap compared to other stations, and that was a year ago at least.

I bet they're gonna go with the background LED video wall that's been popular lately with practically every modern news show.

Also, I wonder if the set will look anything like this. This appears to be a professionally done mockup/concept. This has also been online for at least a year. The urban loft style does kind of match the bricks that they added to the Weather Center, which I thought was a pretty random thing to do.

WBBM pressures on everyone has a new set now you need to just overhaul your set and move all that sh*t when you move out of 22 W Washington

The set looked very dark quite frankly in the picture

Not sure why you think WBBM needs to "move" anything but I have a good feeling we'll be seeing something from them before the end of the year.

Also, I wonder if the set will look anything like this. This appears to be a professionally done mockup/concept. This has also been online for at least a year. The urban loft style does kind of match the bricks that they added to the Weather Center, which I thought was a pretty random thing to do.

I highly doubt that it will look like that proposal. We went through this with the WLS set... If a design company posts a concept or proposal online there's about a 99% chance it was rejected completely.

WGN being a independent could not afford that plus it looked nothing like the tease they gave in the picture i honestly think it will be something along the lines of WJBK

anything

Because their 10 year agreement with the city is up next year but their set desperately needs to be updated now if they do get a updare it will probably be like KOVRs

WGN being a independent could not afford that plus it looked nothing like the tease they gave in the picture i honestly think it will be something along the lines of WJBK

Because their 10 year agreement with the city is up next year but their set desperately needs to be updated now if they do get a updare it will probably be like KOVRs

The 10 year deal has to do with the streetside studio. They will still be at 22 W Washington. They have a second studio inside, they just never really finished it and have only used it for production (and renting it out) Last I heard they hadn't even installed a light grid.

Thank god they're getting a new set now before Sinclair takes over (IF it does). And did they put the logo in their post? I don't see anything different.

I know, this came at the right time. If Sinclair had taken over before they finalized everything and started set construction or if the new set was postponed, I don't think they'd ever get a new set.

If WBBM installed monitors that are custom made for the wall updated the graphics put a new tv panel on the back wall and at least got a new desk ill leave them alone

Sinclair would have probably given them a set mabye a nicer one isnt that the highest market a non O&O is in

The desk will be shaped like a 9...

Here we go!

The New Nine is coming!

I guess they're going to do this every day until Wednesday....

[MEDIA=twitter]863389636659490816[/MEDIA]

I have to say, its kind of a brilliant strategy to do this right in the middle of sweeps.

Archived