New WGN Set

alex979

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like they didn't even try.

Also, please hope we can get a new look for WGN Sports...though if we don't, I guess it'll roll out with hockey season. The current look is way long in the tooth.

Alright, I'm done. Set is okay, but huge step up for them. There is a lot of things they need to work on. Seems like WFLD is the only one that knows how to do the video wall well.

1. Kill that OTS with fire.

2. Don't wear jackets that make you blend in with the set.

[ATTACH=full]4016[/ATTACH]

Ladies and gentlemen, Harry Caray here and welcome to camoflauge day at the ole number 9..where if you blend in with the set, you get two tickets to a future Cubbies game.

Overall, I'm split on the graphics, some things I'll miss, some things I'm glad are gone. The set, though, I'm really liking. Yes, it's not perfect, but it's better than the old one, and I'm certain there will be tweaks made along the way. In recent years, 7 made adjustments, so did channel 5.

Ladies and gentlemen, Harry Caray here and welcome to camoflauge day at the ole number 9..where if you blend in with the set, you get two tickets to a future Cubbies game.

"The rookie sports anchor's name is Jarrett Payton. What would Payton be backwards, Steve...Notyap? I sometimes wish you would Notyap so much, Stonie. Where's my beer?"

The new set has a similar structure to KTLA's new set:

- Glass desk w/ curved video screen and round piece on screen right

- Video wall with 2 giant video screens on either side

Also their new graphics (lower thirds mainly) are similar to KTLA in terms of layout

(NAME OF PERSON The person's title)

[MEDIA=imgur]a/V4eb0[/MEDIA]

On the virtual tour page, they have one of the old set. If you take a look around and look close in detail, you can really see how beaten to hell it was. (riser trim peeling up or missing, all the hideous carpet spots on the interview set, etc)

http://wgntv.com/2017/05/16/take-a-3d-tour-of-our-new-virtual-set/

It looks dated, to me at least. Like something from the late 1990s/early 2000s. Surprised so many folks here like it.

I think the set layout is fine, but it's how either the set is lit or how the cameras are painted (color adjustments on the cameras) make the set look very dull.

I think the set layout is fine, but it's how either the set is lit or how the cameras are painted (color adjustments on the cameras) make the set look very dull.

They've recently started using 5600k temperature lights on news sets, because it makes it easier to color balance monitors -- but doesn't give the warmth 3200k lighting gets. I don't have inside knowledge, but that's the feeling I'm getting here.

This set is much better than the one it replaces. However, I almost thought the set had an early 2000s vibe to it. Graphics-wise, it's better than the Fox pack so I guess it's OK. Looks ready for its new Sinclair overlords.:p

The set looks a *lot* like KTLA's newest set, just with a little bit of that Chicago grunge loft feel and maybe a little larger.

I see some WPIX in the area behind the anchor desk. Not much, but some...

WPIX-NEW-LOOK-4.jpgWGN-NewSet-1024x635.jpg

Who does their boxed 9 better?

[ATTACH=full]4017[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]4018[/ATTACH]

WGN inverted the colours, that's a big no no. Automatic disqualification.

By default, the former. The serif-styled 9 looks badass too.

Archived