New ABC O&O Websites

BehindNYNews

On the KABC website, the weather section is just awful. Where are the windspeeds? Can't click on each individual area 7-day forecast at a glance. Everything is just huge and not well organized. I am not a fan of it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the KABC website, the weather section is just awful. Where are the windspeeds? Can't click on each individual area 7-day forecast at a glance. Everything is just huge and not well organized. I am not a fan of it.

It's all there, you just gotta look.

Actually looks quite nice, I thought it may be awkward or cluttered looking but it's not.

That breaking news banner is very nice.

Side note for WABC: I love how many domains they've bought and redirected to 7online.com, including...

abc7ny.com

abc7newyork.com

wabc.com

wabctv.com

wabc.tv

7ny.tv

I'm sure they've owned most of those for years now -- and I imagine they'll add a few more later this year when .nyc domains become available. (abc7.nyc and abc.nyc, for example.)

IMO, the weather section isn't that bad. The backgrounds blend in very well with the icons in the forecast section, except for the fog icon, which is camoflauged on the background it is placed on. Not sure if the icons are new, it's been a while since I used the weather section on any of the ABC O&O websites, but they look good (I'm kind of favor more realistic weather icons than the flat kinds you see on certain apps and now, The Weather Channel).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A wee bit of a bump on this one. All the ABC-owned sites have changed their headers in advance of the election on Tuesday. Fun fact: the four 'K' stations use the network's "Your Voice Your Vote" branding, while the 'W's go with "Vote 2014".

header-large-politics.png header-large-politics.png

A wee bit of a bump on this one. All the ABC-owned sites have changed their headers in advance of the election on Tuesday. Fun fact: the four 'K' stations use the network's "Your Voice Your Vote" branding, while the 'W's go with "Vote 2014".

header-large-politics.png header-large-politics.pngheader-large-politics.png header-large-politics.png

I can't believe I'm saying this but this is a moment when I think their should be standardized graphics.

I can't believe I'm saying this but this is a moment when I think their should be standardized graphics.

They kinda do already. KGO and KABC use the exact same package while WLS's new package is pretty similar to what WABC has.

And I agree WLS has the best. WPVI and KFSN are tied for the worst.

If they did they should just use the WLS package and be done with it. That is hands down the best graphics package in the group.

I would not mind that in any way, shape, or form. It would beat what WABC has in a heartbeat. But if WABC drops their current theme song...then I'll be pissed. But I guess we'll have to accept that it will be gone someday sooner or later.

I think the station's looks are close enough that they're a defacto group package. The logos are similar, most of the stations are on the same theme, blue is a primary color. Thematically that's sort of a standard look.

I really need to post the mock-up I made for a consistent, coherent, and customizable ABC station graphics package. It's just...finding the time.

We just gained an hour of time if that helps.. :lol: Seriously though, I'd like to see what you have when you find the time.

Archived