New "Myfox" websites launched today

NYNewsCoverage

It's interesting and responds well. And (thankfully) the MyFox era has finally ended outside of Phoenix (which had switched some time prior).

It's definitely an improvement being a responsive site. I'm just not sure how the format translates to a computer. They probably looked at analytics and saw they were getting a lot of views on mobile.

I don't like the desktop version that much. Having said that, it looks GREAT on my iPad. Get used to "mobile-first, desktop second" designs. Although we're in 2015 and it's pretty ridiculous the video player on desktop is still running Flash Player...

Also not every station has this design yet. KTTV, WTXF, KRIV, KTBC and WJZY don't for instance. I actually checked all of them but I don't really remember off the top and I don't want to check again.

These are not WordPress sites. It's pretty easy to find out. Add "/wp-admin" to the URL and if you get a WP login screen then there's your answer.

It isn't over until Cox and Raycom abandon it on the ex-O&Os they have.

I agree, let's wait for Cox and Raycom ditch it on the ex-Fox O&OS too.

I see the new design has made it to my local Fox station WFLD Fox 32. I also checked out KTTV Fox 11 Los Angeles and they still have the MyFox design and name.

My favorite is fox32chicago.com

Eh, the are okay. The older ones were a little bit better.

I'm not a fan of the "bottomless scrolling" aspect (most likely borrowed from the Journal template that Scripps is still using), but the sites seem less "cluttered" than the WorldNow layouts they were using before.

Archived