BREAKING: WDBJ Reporter and Photog shot and killed.

alex979

Was the lawsuit filed shortly before or after WTWC shut down its news department?

The Tallahassee Democrat has an article about how some of his WTWC colleagues remembered him — as kind of cold, not collegial and not one to socialize with the other station employees.

That article says the WTWC news department was wound down in November 2000 while the suit was filed in March, the same month SBG says he was fired.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<soapbox>

What is the REAL problem is our lack of seriousness in dealing with mental illnesses, our willingness to overmedicate as a manner of sweeping things under the rug, and an embracing of a polemic, toxic, hateful and divisive culture.

Regurgitation of the same tired talking points on gun rights - ON BOTH SIDES - is pathetic. One side will defeat the other, and nothing will really change. And that it begins right as people are just beginning to grieve over their losses is simply inhumane.

A pox on anyone - especially the pundits and talking heads not named David Bryne - who uses this to score cheap political points.

</soapbox>

<soapbox>

What is the REAL problem is our lack of seriousness in dealing with mental illnesses, our willingness to overmedicate as a manner of sweeping things under the rug, and an embracing of a polemic, toxic, hateful and divisive culture.

Regurgitation of the same tired talking points on gun rights - ON BOTH SIDES - is pathetic. One side will defeat the other, and nothing will really change. And that it begins right as people are just beginning to grieve over their losses is simply inhumane.

A pox on anyone - especially the pundits and talking heads not named David Bryne - who uses this to score cheap political points.

</soapbox>

Myron, you hit the bullseye. Everyone will talk about Gun laws, but never mental illness and anger issues. It's a lot more deeper than any cable news coverage.

<soapbox>

</soapbox>

Definitely on point, I'm dealing with a family member who has a mental illness that has yet to be fully diagnosed. There has been ignorance about the issue for too long.

Because of the shootings, according to CBSN, Aurora, Colorado police have offered to provide security for reporters planning to do live shots (for both the national networks, as well as stations like KUSA, KWGN/KDVR, KMGH and KCNC) as a result of the shooting. Necessary at this point, since they'll also be covering the sentencing that came down in the James Holmes case.

A lot of photographers were throwing up color bars on Instagram in honor/ memorializing the reporter and photojournalist. I guess they are signifying that it's the end of their transmission.

A lot of photographers were throwing up color bars on Instagram in honor/ memorializing the reporter and photojournalist. I guess they are signifying that it's the end of their transmission.

Almost looks like the TV equivalent of a moment of silence... That's actually pretty nice.

Guest Former Member 207

I would have thought the New York Post would have been the ones to pull something like this...it would be a bit of a shock if the Daily News doesn't get reamed for that cover.

New York Daily News has no respect and no remorse at all, and I just want to say that was a total (BLEEP) disgrace the Daily News plastered this front page headline. All I can say this has been a sad, emotional, and difficult day for everyone at WDBJ 7 News and all of us at TVNT; and again we send out our heartfelt condolences to the families of Alison Parker, Adam Ward and to staff and management of WDBJ-TV. And when you and I go to bed tonight... say a prayer and light two candles for Alison and Adam.

Isn't the New York Daily news as close as you get to a tabloid while being called a newspaper still? It looks like something inside edition would make...

Even the National Enquirer wouldn't stoop that low. Makes the Robin Williams "Hanged" cover look tame.

Let's just say I'm glad I don't work at the Daily News switchboard tomorrow morning, because someone is going to have to handle the shit ton of calls demanding their subscription cancellation.

Also expect the Daily News offices and editors to be the target of Internet Mob Justice, which is real, and is damn frightening.

Let's just say I'm glad I don't work at the Daily News switchboard tomorrow morning, because someone is going to have to handle the shit ton of calls demanding their subscription cancellation.

Also expect the Daily News offices and editors to be the target of Internet Mob Justice, which is real, and is damn frightening.

Couldn't happen to a nicer paper, if I'm being frank...

Archived