New CBS 2 Logo

Geoffrey

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh god! How awful. WBBM has their own "2" and so did KCBS and WCBS. Now they're ready to "share" that "2" with KCBS? God how awful will this be.

They also have to share that "2" with KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh as well...Nowadays it like let me all our station logos uniform.

I don't think there has been this much discussion about the number 2 since the argument about which number goes after "1".

But I will be the first to admit that I like me a nice relaxing and enjoyable number 2 every now and then.

Cheers to number 2.

And don't forget KYW wanted in on the bland logo parade and dumped their iconic Westinghouse 3 for boring Helvetica and decided to go gold with the last graphics update.
As did KDKA, but at least KPIX and WJZ still kept their Westinghouse logos

But I think the "2" in KDKA's is more modified.

KDKA's is thinner than WBBM's (or WBBM's is heavier than KDKA's depending on how you look at it). Same font, different weights.

WCBS' looks closer to KDKA's than WBBM's.

I'm surprised this didn't happen years ago.

THIS...is how you do a 2:

[ATTACH=full]2709[/ATTACH]

(Note: I also revised WLNY's logo.)

NO. THIS is how you do a 2 and this is how it should be kept...

WCBS-TV_2_logo.png

(Yes, I stole this from Wikipedia, but I wanted to prove my point.)

Honestly, I don't get why everyone is so upset over the visual representation of a number. Specifically this one. In my opinion, I don't see much difference. Looking at it now, the last 2 logo was kinda gaudy compared to this. Uniformity or no, I could take this.

If there's a number's look to change to deserve the colossal anger, try the number 6 or 7. This also applies to the Westinghouse logos too.

(Thank God that didn't [and won't] happen)

I think the reason why WCBS is changing its "2" is because the 1997-present "2" is mired in so much failure and turmoil. This finally gives WCBS a chance to distance themselves away from the 90s as much as possible. Is it a tad generic? Yes, but NBC uses one design for "4" and ABC uses the "Circle 7" (with slight variations).

I like the current 2 better... But we'll get used to the new one sooner than we think.

I think the reason why WCBS is changing its "2" is because the 1997-present "2" is mired in so much failure and turmoil.

"Son, as a number you are a failure."

That will boost the self esteem.

I think the reason why WCBS is changing its "2" is because the 1997-present "2" is mired in so much failure and turmoil. This finally gives WCBS a chance to distance themselves away from the 90s as much as possible. Is it a tad generic? Yes, but NBC uses one design for "4" and ABC uses the "Circle 7" (with slight variations).

Umm... I doubt that. You're reaching. :)

As did KDKA, but at least KPIX and WJZ still kept their Westinghouse logos

All hell will break loose if KPIX changed the 5.

They won when they got rid of freeways, they complained seeing "FOX" next to the 2 logo on the news. The 5 will never happen lol

Archived