New CBS 2 Logo

Geoffrey

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I expected, WLNY is still operating under the old graphics. Interestingly, Richard Rose and Hazel Sanchez are anchoring tonight in for Alice and Dick.

Totally don't understand that, don't they operate under the same Control Room?

Totally don't understand that, don't they operate under the same Control Room?

Yes, but when WCBS updated their graphics in September 2013, WLNY didn't get the update until February of 2014. So I'm assuming it will take at least a month or so until we see changes with 'LNY, even though they probably could just change at the same time. Just my guess.

Well, that's the end of the CBS 2 (1997-2016) logo... and they are now using the new CBS 2 logo KCBS uses.

Donations to the "Remember the 2" memorial fund instead of flowers.

RIP trusty old 2

(he was so young)

Oh god! How awful. WBBM has their own "2" and so did KCBS and WCBS. Now they're ready to "share" that "2" with KCBS? God how awful will this be.

Well, they did shared the 2 back in the 1970s to early 1980s.

Well, they did shared the 2 back in the 1970s to early 1980s.

I think society is at the point to where most people will accept the sharing of the 2.

I'm glad 2 can come out of the shadows and feel accepted.

For years the 7 has been open about his/her sharing. It's also time we accept those outcast 7's...like that WSVN 7. That WSVN 7 was odd in a wierd kinda way.

I hope the 5's and 9's will consider coming out...however those 4's, well they are all voting for Trump.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this over the last few days... A partial CBS eye has been popping up to fill the blank space on the left side of the lower-thirds. Initially it seemed to be used randomly but now it looks like it's on all lower-thirds that aren't already branded.

136174551_CBS205032016.jpg.ff7e8d533637498f5052252b723c9bff.jpg

I think that space definitely needed something but I'm not a fan of the top of the eye being slightly taller than the rest of the lower-third.

I noticed this over the last few days... A partial CBS eye has been popping up to fill the blank space on the left side of the lower-thirds. Initially it seemed to be used randomly but now it looks like it's on all lower-thirds that aren't already branded.

[ATTACH=full]2833[/ATTACH]

I think that space definitely needed something but I'm not a fan of the top of the eye being slightly taller than the rest of the lower-third.

You would think they would be keeping up with the next door neighbors. FOX and NBC are widescreen format already with their graphics and lower thirds

You would think they would be keeping up with the next door neighbors. FOX and NBC are widescreen format already with their graphics and lower thirds

As are PIX 11 and, as of noon today, ABC 7.

I could really see CBS 2 making this change within the next few weeks if they felt the need to. (They're "kind of" 16:9 with the lower-third branding.)

• 10 months later...

I always liked the 'BBM 2 more than KCBS', but it's awfully silly and lazy to use both. It also doesn't make sense to change the logo completely, because that's a waste of effort for a change that would go largely unnoticed by the average viewer.

Speaking of logo inconsistency, has anybody else noticed they've been using two versions of the WLNY logo for a while now? One's the normal one, another has the WLNY text on the disc in a different font more closely matching the KCAL logo.

Yeah, it does seem a little strange to use two very similar yet not the same versions of "2." It's the same with how WFOR adopted KCNC's Arial 4, yet WCCO just traced over their Hothaus-designed one, and then WBZ adopted WCCO's. Very similar, yet still not exactly the same.

[ATTACH=full]2833[/ATTACH]

WBBM has been doing this for months (before Christmas at least. I got bored of scrolling through their YouTube.) Something tells me WCBS is just copying them.

WBBM has been doing this for months (before Christmas at least. I got bored of scrolling through their YouTube.) Something tells me WCBS is just copying them.

Actually, WCBS did that soon after they got the graphics, and KYW also did it a couple of days after.

Yeah, 'BBM got them pretty much at launch, but the package debuted later in Chicago than at the coastal flagships, so they still got this update first. I think one of the mid-market stations like Denver or Pittsburgh used that eye first.

Yeah, 'BBM got them pretty much at launch, but the package debuted later in Chicago than at the coastal flagships, so they still got this update first. I think one of the mid-market stations like Denver or Pittsburgh used that eye first.

Don't all of them have it now? And I'm pretty sure WCBS or KCBS was one of the first to have the modified lower third. KCNC and KDKA didn't get the package until much later, though KCNC did sport an extra eye in the lower thirds of the 2013 look and was to my knowledge the only station to do so. Looks a lot better than the 2016 version that made it to everyone in my opinion:

33808774876_5d74e33d58_c.jpg

Archived