New CBS 2 Logo

Geoffrey

All hell will break loose if KPIX changed the 5.

They won when they got rid of freeways, they complained seeing "FOX" next to the 2 logo on the news. The 5 will never happen lol

You should have heard them scream when they heard the 415 area code may be split.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should have heard them scream when they heard the 415 area code may be split.

How else are you going to know the people who think their SF natives after living there for five years versus the incomes?

I agree. I think it should've been WCBS' 2 that should've been shared with KCBS in Los Angeles, WBBM in Chicago, and KDKA in Pittsburgh.

No. They should be able to have the 2's that they want, instead of someone else's being pushed on them.

No. They should be able to have the 2's that they want, instead of someone else's being pushed on them.

The logo wouldn't be changing if station management didn't sign off on it... IF it's changing at all.

Just sayin'.

I've never been a fan of these gradual rollouts they've been doing lately. Changing off-air things like the trucks in advance is fine but to have the logo show up on-air in the studio is another thing. It's sloppy.

Yup! It's gone... New logo is coming!

That "2" on the weather table looks like the WBBM logo. Not the KCBS one that was plastered on that newsvan.

So which one are they're going to use? And whatever the logo they're going to use soon, is not even on the air yet. And right now, it's already inconsistencies.

I don't see any reason why to dump a highly recognized logo that's been used for almost two decades. The "big-2 for the Big Apple" (that's what I like to call it). It makes me think CBS wants to have some sort of synergy to use the same "2" logo for all of the three Channel 2s.

I've never been a fan of these gradual rollouts they've been doing lately. Changing off-air things like the trucks in advance is fine but to have the logo show up on-air in the studio is another thing. It's sloppy.

I agree but most likely the "average" viewer doesn't notice.. I would say by the end of the week it'll all be in place.. Any chance of new or updated graphics?

Does anyone know what the KCBS (and now WCBS) font is? I know that WBBM's is Helvetica, and KDKA's is Swiss 721 Extended Bold. The KCBS "2" is very similar to both fonts but is different.

The 11pm team does a Facebook Live every weekday night around 9:50 sometimes 10:00. I asked Maurice and Otis about it and Maurice said, "Stay Tuned." Obviously something's coming.

The May books start in two weeks (4/28). So we might be seeing something around that time.

I'm completely thrown off. The logo on the newsvan is clearly KCBS. The logo on the weather desk is clearly WBBM. So which one are they going with? Maybe neither?

As much as I agree WCBS's current 2 isn't well-rendered, it is distinct, and it's distinctly New York. I'd be all for a change if it was for the better, but KCBS's is definitely not better, it's blah-er. It has zero personality, never liked it.

I like WBBM's but never totally loved it - can't put my finger on exactly why, but it's missing something. Or maybe it's just a little too boring/basic. Although I will say that WBBM having the same logo going on 14 years has got to be an all-time record for them. Hell, I think they broke that record 10 years ago!

Anyways, if I had my way, I agree with PIXfan, bring back WCBS's 1993-1996 logo. Best CBS 2 logo ever! And use it for WCBS, KCBS and WBBM.

Archived