February 2017 sweeps results

GoldenShine9

so no numbers for San Francisco or Los Angeles? i know KTLA is usually on the top spot at 10PM.

KTLA is airing a promo saying they are #1 in the mornings, afternoons (1pm and 3pm with no competion) and in primetime.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's complete bullshit.

You don't re-issue tainted results from a botched survey.

They need to Re-Do the entire survey for that market and period.

"Oh they can't re-survey/" you say?

You are 100% correct...the time has passed...the Feb Boston book is tainted. No good!

So Nielsen should really REFUND the money for that sweeps period and call the FEB 07 book dead.

Back to Atlanta: WSB remains the undisputed champ. (And I was rooting for WAGA to overtake them!)

But despite that:

• Nothing on primetime, which means WAGA and WXIA (thanks to the Super Bowl and "This Is Us" respectively) beat WSB in a virtual tie
  • WXIA's news audience decreased by 2 percent (11% in November to 9%) while WGCL's ticked up (4% to 6%)
  • In mornings, WAGA surged from 27% to 34%; WSB fell three spots (57% to 53%)
  • WAGA gained 2,600 more combined viewers vs. November while WXIA lost close to 21,000!
  • "NBC Nightly News" remains the #1 network newscast...at 6:30, of course!
  • "Jeopardy!" narrowly edged out "TMZ" at 7:30
  • "Dish Nation" still beat Seth Meyers and James Corden, but who cares?

Now when will Fox 5 and 11Alive put out ratings reports of their own, because WSB's have been annoying the hell out of me every sweeps period (despite the 2 percent increase and the "Amanda Davis Is Back" billboards, nobody watches CBS 46 for news, anyway)?!

Revised sweeps numbers are in for Boston... FOX25 has wins taken away...

http://www.newenglandone.com/news/local/boston/fox-25-loses-wins-as-nielsen-reissues-february-sweeps-results.html

What they didn't tell you is that almost no local or national media buyers would even touch those numbers now. Both set of numbers are tainted no matter what Nielsen says. Buyers will be very wary until the May book concludes with more reliable numbers and a clean survey.

What really happened?

Here's a better question: How does the fact that WHDH's 10pm newscast is simulcast on WLVI affect the ratings?

There are 2 answers...

The first is the Nielsen Answer: "Both shows are rated separately and exclusively of each other."

Or ...

The second answer from the WHDH sales department: "We have double the ratings...and DOUBLE the viewers! We are number one!

It just depends who you ask.

There are 2 answers...

The first is the Nielsen Answer: "Both shows are rated separately and exclusively of each other."

Or ...

The second answer from the WHDH sales department: "We have double the ratings...and DOUBLE the viewers! We are number one!

It just depends who you ask.

I always figured if you add them together you get the true number of people who care what they have to say... I don't know about double though...

I feel bad for WFXT. It's like they had false hope. But, I think this gives them motivation to work even harder. The way I see it, they have three things going for them since Cox acquired them: expanded news coverage, a bigger investigative team and the fact that they have their own helicopter again.

Notwithstanding their stepped-up newsgathering efforts, WFXT should have realized up front that the ratings results were anomalous at best. As for the WHDH/WLVI simulcast at 10PM, it's still the same newscast any way you slice it.

We finally got our February demos in Kansas City (A25-54)

In that demo, WDAF-TV is #1 in all newscasts except for Saturday morning and Sunday night.

The most interesting was 10:00 p.m. M-F

Again, adults 25-54

WDAF 3.5 (up from Feb 2016)

KSHB 2.3 (up from Feb 2016)

KCTV 1.8 (up from Feb 2016)

KMBC 1.5 (-1.4 since Feb 2016)

KMBC fell from first to fourth in the demo over one year in that time slot.

We finally got our February demos in Kansas City (A52-54)

In that demo, WDAF-TV is #1 in all newscasts except for Saturday morning and Sunday night.

Again, adults 25-54

Wow. Amazing that your station is starting to become dominant in KC. I wonder what it looks like for Total HH because that's like the overall ratings to me. It would be nice to see WDAF to be #1 in that as well, really becoming a new dominant leader in town by defeating the behemoth gorilla that was KMBC.

We finally got our February demos in Kansas City (A25-54)

Again, adults 25-54

What's most surprising to me isn't KMBC's drop, but KSHB's rise to second place.

Wow. Amazing that your station is starting to become dominant in KC. I wonder what it looks like for Total HH because that's like the overall ratings to me. It would be nice to see WDAF to be #1 in that as well, really becoming a new dominant leader in town by defeating the behemoth gorilla that was KMBC.

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts. KMBC has gone through phases where they fall wayside into 3rd or 4th place territory before having a resurgence and dominating everyone across the board.

What's most surprising to me isn't KMBC's drop, but KSHB's rise to second place.

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts. KMBC has gone through phases where they fall wayside into 3rd or 4th place territory before having a resurgence and dominating everyone across the board.

Did KSHB have a cash give-away during the last sweeps....???

"Watch our 11pm show....win $1000"

That will produce an artificial spike in many cases...and then it just drops off.

Archived