Sinclair, Tribune Close to Merger Deal

MidwestTV

I used to be afraid of Cliffhangers as a kid. It was the reason why I avoided The Price Is Right. I love it now.

Now back on topic.

That yodel guy falls into hot lava if you don't guess the right price.

I would hate to die that way.

Yes!

Back on topic you heathens.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interned at a Tribune station my senior year in college (WPMT FOX 43). I was impressed with the way they ran the place. They were the first station in the Susquehanna Valley to go HD, and the first station with a 4pm and 6:30pm newscast (later to become a full hour at 6pm before being replaced with 4pm and 5pm newscasts). I'm still good friends with the main male anchor, chief meteorologist, weekend anchor and weekend sports anchor. If this deal goes through (and I pray it doesn't), I will cry. That station had some good people and I hope none of the people I mentioned get the axe.

The only Tribune station I could really care less about is WGNO. They are a mess. Let's see Sinclair sink them even lower.

The only Tribune station I could really care less about is WGNO. They are a mess. Let's see Sinclair sink them even lower.

Dear lord...I can see it now....Behind The Headlines.... WITH A TWIST!

After Mark Hyman tapes his regular commentary, New Orleans could get a special version after he's gotten a few drinks in him....

Dear lord...I can see it now....Behind The Headlines.... WITH A TWIST!

After Mark Hyman tapes his regular commentary, New Orleans could get a special version after he's gotten a few drinks in him....

Now THAT would get viewers.

Fake news bullshit peddled by a bullshit conservative propaganda outfit. No thanks.
Not you too Myron! Liberal propoganda is a thing now too and the mainstream media (including local news) has free reign and immunity to demonetization on YouTube, even Fox News. You're starting to sound as insane as DirtyHarry is.

And why are we even talking about politics?

LIVE: Status of this thread—

-Ug0eC.gif

Journalistic opinion: This live feed is actually more interesting than the Trump Tower live feed.

the mainstream media (including local news) has immunity to demonetization on YouTube

Mardek please.

Here we go.....

Now let's say that WGNO and other Tribune stations end up under the control of that "company" in Baltimore....

Take my earlier idea where Hyman gets sauced.....

Add a tinfoil hat, and a segment called "Pinko Plinko"....whereever the puck lands, he gets to go an another drunken rant about a "leftie"....

Then the said "leftie" falls off the cliff....a la "Cliffhanger"!

Ok....help control the pet population....have your pets spayed or neutered.

GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!

Your right. This is the only station that Sinclair should buy from Tribune. The rest need to be kept with Tribune. Otherwise, you can forget the traditions of WPIX, KTLA, WGN and WJW.

Here we go.....

Now let's say that WGNO and other Tribune stations end up under the control of that "company" in Baltimore....

Take my earlier idea where Hyman gets sauced.....

Add a tinfoil hat, and a segment called "Pinko Plinko"....whereever the puck lands, he gets to go an another drunken rant about a "leftie"....

Then the said "leftie" falls off the cliff....a la "Cliffhanger"!

Ok....help control the pet population....have your pets spayed or neutered.

GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!

Sounds like a much more entertaining version of The Allman Report on KDNL. I'd watch that

Your right. This is the only station that Sinclair should buy from Tribune. The rest need to be kept with Tribune. Otherwise, you can forget the traditions of WPIX, KTLA, WGN and WJW.
When you put it that way, I'd rather Nexstar buy Tribune than Sinclair because at least they don't shoehorn in political opinions like Sinclair is notorious for doing (and maybe other station groups as well, but Sinclair is the most known for it)

When you put it that way, I'd rather Nexstar buy Tribune than Sinclair because at least they don't shoehorn in political opinions like Sinclair is notorious for doing (and maybe other station groups as well, but Sinclair is the most known for it)
What do you call the subversive propaganda we are subjected to every day? (Next time I hear something I will give you an example, but it usually takes the form of propaganda being worked into a story as an underlying assumption.) The only difference is that the MSM gets its shoehorned political opinions via the Journ"O"list (or whatever they call it now) or via chummy relationships with leftist operatives, versus it coming directly from management.

And even given that, is it really so awful that Sharyl Attkisson gets to share her experiences of being spied on by the NSA when she didn't at See-BS because David Rhodes has a brother who works for the Obama Administration?

Think! People!

I thought only 75 year old women watch The Price is Right. Who knew that so many of you people waste away hours on end waiting to see the yodel guy fall off a cliff?

And what traditions would those be? Gene Autry running reruns of Westerns on KTLA? Brad Holbrook and the cheesy INN news on WPIX? WJW which should still be a CBS affiliate? Or maybe WGN which is just plain boring.

Archived