Midterms Coverage

hmaxhanson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ABC News set is quite beautiful, but a little overdramatic in my opinion. The thing is like three stories tall, and in the wide shots they did on This Week, you can barely see the talent.

TV Newser's story on it: https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/abc-news-is-using-ar-to-deliver-one-of-a-kind-election-night-viewing-experience/383089

ABC's set nice, but a lot to take in visually. Plus, 17 seats??? Seems like overkill. FNC's set is laid out better.

I guess rather than rotate the panel in and out like othe network they want them there the entire time. Which makes for some awkward shots as some appear bored or using their computer.

With the camera angles and tiny hosts (save for Stephanopoulos - whose my height so I can make that joke) next time ABC should invest in a techno crane or a JITA and use panels that can be walked on. Leyard has panels that you can walk on and roll a pedestal on and each panel supports 1000lbs.

Here in Atlanta, WPCH will have their own coverage at 9:00 pm (two hours after the polls close in Georgia) while sister station WGCL will stay with CBS's (same with WSB and WXIA with cut-ins in between their respective networks' coverage); WAGA’s will be online from 8:00-10:00.

As for the indies? I assume WHDH, WGN, WJXT, etc. will all have their own coverage.

[MEDIA=twitter]1059090025478942720[/MEDIA]

So let me get this straight they are renting out this LED floor and don’t bother using it to display graphics in addition to the AR. They could have atleast made it animate to an extend where the white bases start on the floor then the half a pie chart animates. Or at the very minimum put the text on the floor.

As for the indies? I assume WHDH, WGN, WJXT, etc. will all have their own coverage.

The schedule I'm looking at shows that WHDH will have its usual 9:00pm-11:35pm block of news (simulcast on WLVI for the 10pm hour, of course).

So let me get this straight they are renting out this LED floor and don’t bother using it to display graphics in addition to the AR. They could have atleast made it animate to an extend where the white bases start on the floor then the half a pie chart animates. Or at the very minimum put the text on the floor.

Supposedly the floor can display graphics and should do so on Tuesday night.

If the house and senate races are decided early, could the networks end coverage early and fill 10/9 central with reruns of their primetime shows

Polls on the west coast will not close until 11 pm Eastern. Many house and Senate races are at stake.

KSAZ is actually putting election coverage on KUTP until the 9:00 newscast. They aren't the greatest at using Fox 10 Xtra for overflow news programming, but this should work well.

Well, they changed their mind and dumped the network programming onto KUTP. This means they will be live and local, including their scheduled newscasts, nearly continuously from 4 to 11 (except for the 6:30 half-hour potentially). This must be a very fresh change—my cable guide does not show it. I'm not sure what KTVK has planned, though they really only have to blow out ET, Wheel and Jeopardy if they want to go continuously live.

Another interesting curiosity is that KNXV, but not KPNX or KPHO, is simply opting to clear all network live tomorrow night, including Jimmy Kimmel Live, by airing it an hour ahead of usual.

Archived