NBC O&O Graphics - 2021 Look S

NBC 5 Chicago

4 hours ago, NYTV said:

The reason WBTS labels itself as "NBC 10 Boston" despite actually being on channel 15 is due to the channel being on channel 10 on most cable and satellite providers. And speaking of KNTV, when they were bought by NBC it was initially branded as NBC 3 as it was on channel 3 on most providers.

I think they're doing it to bully residents of Bristol County, MA.

Also, if someone decides to cut the cord and use an antenna to watch TV in that area, they may see NBC on Channel 10, only to find out it's WJAR, "NBC 10 Providence".

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
2 hours ago, Wilo said:

Small changes to Look S throughout TLMD and NBC O&O Stations. Lowerthird a bit bigger.

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 3.11.19 AM.png

Yeah this update started with Los Angeles rolling out the update, soon I saw it in Boston, then I saw it in Telemundo 52 LA, now it’s in Orlando it’s coming fast!

• Like 1

I take these updates as a confirmation that we’re not gonna see a Look T for the Paris Olympics? Makes sense since the Tokyo delay made it such that Look S debuted in 2021?

In any case Look S looks great and I wouldn’t mind if it stuck around for longer. 

12 hours ago, DMA said:

I take these updates as a confirmation that we’re not gonna see a Look T for the Paris Olympics? Makes sense since the Tokyo delay made it such that Look S debuted in 2021?

In any case Look S looks great and I wouldn’t mind if it stuck around for longer. 

They could wait till the Winter Games in 2026 (also a Super Bowl year for NBC). There's some prescience for that. Look F was rolled out leading up to the 2012 games which also were a Super Bowl year.

I agree Look S still looks very good and on par with the other O&O designs. I just hope they don't plan on waiting till then to update their stations' logos to the new Peacock design. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2024 at 12:06 AM, DMA said:

I wonder when the alphabet runs out what are they gonna name the designs. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 7:12 AM, NowBergen said:

They could go greek.  Look Alpha, Beta, ...   or use a year.  I'm sure NBCU suits will have lots of options.

Yeah the Greek alphabet is my odds on favorite. Also they haven't actually used all the letters in the Latin alphabet yet. They've used A-G, then jumped to N, then S and then T was the original Telemundo O&O/Nextar package so there are plenty of letters at their disposal.

Edited by ekt8750