2023-24 Syndication News

Georgie56

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 3:53 PM, SDHIll1980 said:

It's a certainty that GMFB will be on the MyNetworkTV O&Os and KICU in the Bay Area.  In Fox's "single" markets (Atlanta, Tampa, Austin, Detroit, Philadelphia), I can't see those stations cramming in GMFB alongside their "Good Day Wherever" newscasts and their usual daytime block of talk, TMZ, more news, and game shows.

It will be interesting to see if WTVT will run it in the morning. It will probably be most likely for an hour at 11am replacing and shifting Sherri since WTVT has Live (an hour later) with Kelly and Mark at 10am. I would think maybe 1pm but they have a local cooking show Dinner DeAs and 25 Words or Less. I would hate for WTVT to dump good, local non-brokered programming. 

Edited by jerseyfla

I could see WTXF picking it up. They definitely have room on their schedule, considering they air the "Good Day After Show" at both 10 AM and 2 PM. GMFB could go at 10 with everything else moving back an hour and the GDAS replay being eliminated.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Don't know where else to put this but surprisingly NBC is breaking up the 3-hour Law and Order Thursday block to put Organized Crime on soely Peacock. According to execs it does well on streaming.

https://collider.com/law-and-order-organized-crime-peacock-explained/

The strength of this block was having Stabler and Benson together on back to back shows.

SB: *The Dick Wolf blocks were thought to be so solid that when we discussed wether NBC would cut the third hour of prime time, many said they wouldn't do it just because of the Chicago/L&O  lineups. I too though those blocks would say in place for a while.

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MediaZone4K said:

Don't know where else to put this but surprisingly NBC is breaking up the 3-hour Law and Order Thursday block to put Organized Crime on soely Peacock. According to execs it does well on streaming.

https://collider.com/law-and-order-organized-crime-peacock-explained/

The strength of this block was to have Stabler and Benson back on tv on back to back shows.

On these forums, one of the biggest reasonings against NBC slashing its third hour of primetime was that it would destroy the Dick Wolf blocks on Wednesday and Thursday nights. 

It's not too surprising L&O: OC moved to Peacock. Ratings-wise, it is the weakest of the L&O block and it just doesn't work well as a 22-episode show. I wouldn't be surprised if they move Chicago PD (Season 13) to Peacock as well.

As far as slashing the 3rd hr. of primetime, that likely isn't necessary if they get the NBA. Their scripted slate would be greatly reduced and result in cost-savings long term (which is part of the reason why they wanted to cut the hour in the first place). 

• Thought-Provoking 1

Posted (edited)

Hopefully the don't move Chicago PD. The Chicago and Law & Order blocks are one of the few reasons left to watch live prime time drama.

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

Fox O&Os are apparently adding a half-hour daily political show hosted by S.E. Cupp. She’ll stay at CNN.

I'm thinking about how the Fox O&O Stations would put it. I mean, because of the fact they have GMFB.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mrschimpf said:

The Deadline story, and bait for the Speculatron because it also involves a syndication deal to carry it with WCCB, not WJZY.

Why would WJZY carry it? The article clearly states that Fox O&O and WCCB are carrying it, not Nexstar, and Fox sold WJZY/WMYT four years ago. 

Edited by Nelson R.

50 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Why would WJZY carry it? The article clearly states that Fox O&O and WCCB are carrying it, not Nexstar, and Fox sold WJZY/WMYT four years ago. 

Just noting something that sticks out like a sore thumb as WJZY does carry most of the Fox First Run schedule besides this show. I understand exactly why they wouldn't carry it, but that it's unusual for Fox to crawl back to their old affiliate to carry something.

10 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

Just noting something that sticks out like a sore thumb as WJZY does carry most of the Fox First Run schedule besides this show. I understand exactly why they wouldn't carry it, but that it's unusual for Fox to crawl back to their old affiliate to carry something.

I'm guessing they wanted a partner in North Carolina; WCCB was willing to take it and had the flexibility to schedule a limited-run show. 

Nexstar may make a lot of questionable choices, but they aren't going to enter into new contracts for limited-run external news programming in a world where NewsNation could do something similar,  with all the potential revenue staying inside the company.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...