What Happened with TVNewsTalk?

Thank you Weeters for in a way bringing us back to our roots. (Early 2000s) If we all remember correctly this forum was originally born from an AOL or Yahoo Geocites page haha. if I vaguely remember and it was called Local News Discussion lol. So in away the new name, Local News Talk brings us back to our roots! Glad to be back!

• Like 4

On 4/14/2024 at 7:06 PM, Weeters said:

Forum Theme: There are a small handful of broken things due to an update I ran while the site was unavailable.

Is one of them that the dark theme reverts back to light whenever I load up another part of the site?

THIS!!!

I remember randomly

discovering this site and it felt like a safe space and knowing that there are so many people around the country and world who geek and nerd out on TV news. 😆

This site continues to Thrive and Grow!

On 4/18/2024 at 10:33 AM, Vlad said:

Thank you Weeters for in a way bringing us back to our roots. (Early 2000s) If we all remember correctly this forum was originally born from an AOL or Yahoo Geocites page haha. if I vaguely remember and it was called Local News Discussion lol. So in away the new name, Local News Talk brings us back to our roots! Glad to be back!

• Like 3

On 4/18/2024 at 10:33 AM, Vlad said:

Even though this was kind of an "emergency" rebranding, that was a purposeful little nod to the site's history. That, and the fact that the media we talk about is growing beyond "TV" in the traditional sense.

19 hours ago, bmasters1 said:

Is one of them that the dark theme reverts back to light whenever I load up another part of the site?

I think there's something wonky going on with the caching (we're behind Cloudflare now, something else I've wanted to do for a while) that is causing this, I'm going to look into it further. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good to see the site's back, even if it's undergone a few changes in the process. Definitely not the first online community I've been a part of that's undergone changes over the years, and unlikely to be the last.

(I'd have chimed in sooner, but I moved from NH to CT and am cheerfully buried in things that need to be done.)

Everything looks great and thanks for keeping the faith and going the extra length to keep the forum going. There isn't anything like it elsewhere.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using Local News Talk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.