KCNC on a temporary set

Chase29

That's not the new set – that's a temporary setup in their second 'studio.' That's their newsdesk and looks like one of the walls of the soon-to-be-replaced set with a new wrap on it.

I would expect they'll get something pretty similar to the KCAL set.

13 minutes ago, C Block said:

That's not the new set – that's a temporary setup in their second 'studio.' That's their newsdesk and looks like one of the walls of the soon-to-be-replaced set with a new wrap on it.

I would expect they'll get something pretty similar to the KCAL set.

God, I hope not.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chase29 said:

Ms. Werthmann clearly says it's a temporary set. Bout time is all I'll say until we learn more.

• Chase29 changed the title to KCNC on a temporary set
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, DENDude said:

KCNC to debut new set updated studio sometime next week.  According to the stations Facebook. 

Just saw the Instagram Reel. The framing elements is giving KCAL. 

29 minutes ago, JosiahCubed said:

By the looks of it on that reel, it looks like a mashup of the KCAL set and the former KCBS set.

It looks like an update of the previous set but with new flooring. I'll be interested to see what the anchor desk looks like.

The picture of the desk that I saw this evening, below gives off CBS EVENING NEWS Vibes, it looks very nice, but seems small..

image.thumb.jpeg.3bde81950f4c09011d9fe26db9056f47.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

I mean it's not bad... just a shame that it doesn't have any real uniqueness/nod to Colorado.... Wonder if any other stations will follow suit

KTVT and WCCO are probably the next ones up to get upgrades.

3 hours ago, TennTV1983 said:

WCCO

CCO's set has aged remarkably well for being almost 15 years old. I'd argue that they still have one of the best sets in the market. Renovations were made a couple of years ago for the launch of "The 4", and more updates were made to update the set to scrub the old logos from the glass and weather center.

That said, how did CBS allow WCCO to have such a unique set in the first place? Just years of not having a real set from using the window onto the Nicollet Mall Plaza?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

I mean it's not bad... just a shame that it doesn't have any real uniqueness/nod to Colorado.... Wonder if any other stations will follow suit

CBS doesn't care about uniqueness. They prefer complete brand alignment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

4 hours ago, TennTV1983 said:

KTVT and WCCO are probably the next ones up to get upgrades.

Given the current situation regarding Paramount, I doubt we will see new sets group-wide ...unless it's already in the pipeline.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jase said:

Given the current situation regarding Paramount, I doubt we will see new sets group-wide ...unless it's already in the pipeline.  

It's already in the pipeline. KCNC didn't need a new set.

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/pictures/cbs-colorado-new-set-construction-behind-the-scenes/

10 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/pictures/cbs-colorado-new-set-construction-behind-the-scenes/

I just thought the panel above the larger screen looked strange, small compared to KCAL.

12 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

CBS doesn't care about uniqueness. They prefer complete brand alignment.

We can say that KYW's is, in a way, uniqueness, as it does not follow the same KCAL standard.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Wasn’t KCNC previous set more than 10 years old? That would suggest it was time for an upgrade. 

Nevertheless, I don’t care for the wood treatment on the front of the desk. Maybe if it was darker (like KCAL) it would look better. Overall, the set is okay. 

• Sad 1