Brian Williams Admits to Telling False Story

NYNewser_676

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Installing Willie would certainly give Josh Elliott a better shot at Lauer's seat should that become available.

All in all, though, the list of three mentioned their seems more logical and plausible than the Holt, Alexander, Diaz-Balart trio.

Well I guess there is need for debate. Drudge is reporting that if Brian does not return that Savannah Guthrie will replace him on NN. I can't understand why NBC would choose her over anyone else really, she's terrible.

Why is she terrible?

Well I guess there is need for debate. Drudge is reporting that if Brian does not return that Savannah Guthrie will replace him on NN. I can't understand why NBC would choose her over anyone else really, she's terrible.

There's lots of news on TVNewser. The Duck Dynasty article is troubling to me for two reasons: I don't Know if Brian is that bad. Also,if Ann is so trusting, why is she not on a network?????

I don't see what the problem is with Savannah. I could see her doing very well at NN.

I'm interested who would replace Savannah? Back when big changes were reported at Today, they reportedly wanted Hoda to co-anchor. I think that would be a good idea.

I thought Hoda did a fine job filling in for Savannah when she was out on maternity leave. Hoda could do the 7-9am hour take an hour break and come back at 10am to do the gab fest with Kathy Lee.

I don't see what the problem is with Savannah. I could see her doing very well at NN.

I'm interested who would replace Savannah? Back when big changes were reported at Today, they reportedly wanted Hoda to co-anchor. I think that would be a good idea.

I don't think she has enough of a hard news background.

I thought Hoda did a fine job filling in for Savannah when she was out on maternity leave. Hoda could do the 7-9am hour take an hour break and come back at 10am to do the gab fest with Kathy Lee.

I think that's a bad idea. If Hoda does 7-9, then she needs to drop the 10am hour. it'll be too much plus I am not sure if be able to watch her being serious and calm during first two hours then.

Simply untrue. Aside from being co anchor of Today, she is also the network's Chief Legal Correspondent and has previously served as a White House Correspondent.

I agree with NYNewser here, she has proven herself, that's why she is now anchoring Today. I think she would do excellent on NN.

Simply untrue. Aside from being co anchor of Today, she is also the network's Chief Legal Correspondent and has previously served as a White House Correspondent.

Okay perhaps what I meant to say is a diversified hard news background. I haven't seen her cover any wars, anchor from foreign countries (other than Olympics). I am not saying she'll make a bad anchor, but rather I think the opposite and actually like her.

Outside of promoting Willie or figuring out something with Lauer (it's just crazy enough to work), I don't think they should displace the Today show women at this point. That side of the desk desperately needs stability, and they're finally establishing things (even if whichever lady would be receiving such a promotion). Now is not the time to bring in yet another co-anchor for Matt, what would be his fifth.

I think that's a bad idea. If Hoda does 7-9, then she needs to drop the 10am hour. it'll be too much plus I am not sure if be able to watch her being serious and calm during first two hours then.

If Tamron can anchor the 9 am hour of Today and anchor her 11 am MSNBC show (or whatever time it airs) Surely Hoda can do the same.

If Tamron can anchor the 9 am hour of Today and anchor her 11 am MSNBC show (or whatever time it airs) Surely Hoda can do the same.

Two COMPLETELY different situations. Tamran does one hour on Today in a relaxed setting and then goes on and does a news type show on MSNBC. Hoda would be doing two hours of Main Today with a significant amount of news along with pop culture and such and then would be doing the 10am drinkfest comedy hour about shoes, purses, and other fashion.

It seem so strange that all the news outlets are reporting, basically speculating Brian is leaving his show. I don't think that at all. Until they say Brian is leaving, I'm not going to say who I think should replace him because one its obvious and secondly, it was just one story. All I think he needed was a suspension for 4-6 weeks and start back in May.

Two COMPLETELY different situations. Tamran does one hour on Today in a relaxed setting and then goes on and does a news type show on MSNBC. Hoda would be doing two hours of Main Today with a significant amount of news along with pop culture and such and then would be doing the 10am drinkfest comedy hour about shoes, purses, and other fashion.

Whatever you say. I see no reason why Hoda couldn't do the 7-9am while still doing the 10am hour as well. And it's not like the 9am is as serious as the first 2 hours. Almost as relaxed as Hoda & Kathy Lee's hour (just without the drinking)

I agree with NYNewser here, she has proven herself, that's why she is now anchoring Today. I think she would do excellent on NN.

She's anchoring Today because the bosses of that network hoped she would become the next Katie Couric. Other than being a correspondent she anchored a daytime program on MSNBC and then moved to Today. Hardly qualifies her for the lead anchor chair. She's just not likable to me and I have a very hard time warming up to her.

Whatever you say. I see no reason why Hoda couldn't do the 7-9am while still doing the 10am hour as well. And it's not like the 9am is as serious as the first 2 hours. Almost as relaxed as Hoda & Kathy Lee's hour (just without the drinking)

I think that in the public's eye, seperating Hoda from her role as the FHOTS co-host will be difficult. That's why I doubt it will work, and am very skeptical that it will happen at all.

I think that in the public's eye, seperating Hoda from her role as the FHOTS co-host will be difficult (especially since it's practically a stand-alone program and much more off the cuff that what I've seen of the third hour). That's why I doubt it will work, and am very skeptical that it will happen at all. I see what you're getting at, though.

I'm surprised that no one has brought up Natalie as a possible replacement for Savannah IF she is named the NN anchor IF Brian Williams resigns/is fired. Still a lot of moving parts, but in my opinion Lester will take the chair.

Hey, anyone wanna watch a possible segment on the investigation...on NBC?

The man leading that effort is Esposito, the network's senior executive producer in charge of the investigative unit.

At least one NBC correspondent is also involved: Kate Snow, a national correspondent who joined NBC from ABC in 2010. When Williams had a prime time newsmagazine called "Rock Center," Snow was dedicated to it.

Snow has been conducting interviews as part of the investigative process, according to two of the sources.

None of her interviews have been on-camera, but interviews by others in the investigation have been. That suggests the network may produce a television segment about the Williams controversy.

The developments in this story were confirmed by multiple sources with knowledge of the situation. Representatives for NBC declined to comment.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/10/media/nbc-news-brian-williams-fact-checking/index.html

You don't have to get all snippy. Your right, the 9am isn't as serious but what's that have to do with Hoda. The 10am is really a different type of show. If you don't get it, I don't know how to explain.

Looks like a final decision is comming tomorrow...http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/nbc-williams-brewhaha-today-tomorrow-sources-article-1.2109987 ...This Hollywood reporter article states that top brass at nbcu are looking at the "lengthy suspension" option... http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbcuniversal-execs-mull-lengthy-suspension-772277?utm_source=twitter ...I would put my money on that...and if this turns out to be the case how long would it be a month? ,2 months?, or just wait and see? ...Stay Tuned.

Archived